Gameday Tigers

We Need.........

Fishhead

9 hours ago, houtiger said:

Stats are for losers.  Who has Army played?  We're 7-2, ranked #9 in the nation.  You want to fire all the coaches except 2?  Who are you going to bring in that hands down, can improve our team FASTER than Saban is improving GumpTurds???  Saban is the best in the business, and he has PROVEN it consistently.  Year in and year out excellence.  Who has a proven track record that says he can beat GumpTurds, even once?  And how long do you think it would take said coach to build the program up enough to do it?  Or do you think there is a coach who is so clever that he can take our current kids and draw up some better plays and beat Nick next year?

Army runs the goddamn TRIPLE OPTION. 

they average a whopping 8 passing attempted per game.  

I don’t care if they’re playing a junior high team full of parapelegic dwarfs. There is no reason EVER for a triple option team to throw more TD passes than a “modernized offense”. 

LSU has not thrown a TD pass in over a month now.  And we’ve thrown 4 picks over that time frame.

that is not an improvement. 

Sorry if that hurts your feelings, but it’s not. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Fishhead said:

I disagree with nootch on burning it all down. Pay aranda (as we are) and raymond. They've earned it and warrant it. 

you misunderstood me.  we cant fire anyone NOW. 

i’m talking about in 2016. 

we were so terrified of losing Aranda that we let it dictate the coaching hire.

in 2016 we needed a clean sweep of everyone.

if the new guy chose to keep Aranda, then AWESOME.

if  not, i still like our chances of landing another top notch DC. 

• Like 1

I think we are getting better

total offense rankings:

2015: 39th

2016: 59th

2017: 54th

2017: 104th

there is literally zero ways to spin this as “getting better”. 

statistically, this is the worst offense we’ve had since 2009. 

Under Miles, the program was going down.  Under O, it looks like it is going up.

2015 was the last year Miles faces Alabama. 

we went into that game UNDEFEATED, ranked #2 in the country. 

this game we have a loss and were #3. 

in that 2015 game alone, we scored twice as many TDs as we have in the 3 games since then COMBINED. 

our last 3 losses to them have been by:

10pts

14pts

29pts

again, there are literally ZERO ways to spin that as “getting better”

11 hours ago, Fishhead said:

Any 5th year sr probably isn't very good. Quite frankly, these days, the great players are gone in 3 years. 

The ones that left us early last season were just not very smart, because they weren't nearly good enough. (Not talking about donte and guice obviously)

Last year the center for GumpTurds Bradley Bozeman was a 5th year Sr, this year, the center is a 5th year Sr. Bozeman is the backup Center for the Baltimore Ravens. 

3 minutes ago, LSUDad said:

Last year the center for GumpTurds Bradley Bozeman was a 5th year Sr, this year, the center is a 5th year Sr. Bozeman is the backup Center for the Baltimore Ravens. 

that’s why he said “probably”. 

theres always exceptions. but in general, not many studs stick around for 5 years. 

• Like 1

Average Points Alabama has allowed against the SEC West schools over last 3 games 

Arky:  23

*Auburn: 17

LSU: 3.3

Ole goldenshower: 17

*State: 11

A&M: 18

*Using 2015-2017 for Auburn & State since they have yet to play this year. 

only pitched 2 shutouts. Both against LSU.

Now I want someone to argue that LSU has by far the least amount of talent in the West. Because we by far have the lowest output.  Next worse team averaging 3xs as many points against them as we are  

compared to 2013-2015

Arky: 9

Auburn: 28

LSU: 15

Ole goldenshower: 20

Miss St: 11

A&M: 21

pitched 3 shutouts (one each vs Arky, Ole goldenshower, and A&M). 

We fired the guy that had us middle of the pack from ‘13-‘15 because that simply wasn’t good enough. 

the guy  who is very comfortably in absolute dead last place, and the only one to get shout out twice is “getting better” than the previous regime. 

go ahead spin this. 

the numbers don’t lie. 

we are NOT under any measurable criteria trending upward. 

Edited by Nutriaitch

what the hell, just because i’m still pissed:

Les Miles last 4 Alabama games:

number of times LSU put up the least amount of yardage of any Alabama opponent that season:  0

number of times LSU was at least tied at any point after half time: 3

number of LATE 4th quarter leads handed to the defense: 2

O and Steve’s 2 games against Alabama:

number of times putting up least amount of yards against Alabama that season: 2

number of times at least tied after Halftime: 1

number of leads at any point ever across 8 total quarters of football:  LOL

want to guess what’s the two lowest yardage totals LSU has put up against Alabama since 2012?

i’ll give you a hint. Those two coaches are still currently employed by LSU.

SEC ranks as of today:

12th in total offense

10th in scoring offense

14th in Red Zone TDs

12th in passing offense

am  i really supposed to believe we are bottom of the barrel in talent compared to rest of the conference?

because that is the ONLY way to explain us ranking that low without admitting who the real culprits are. 

4 minutes ago, Nutriaitch said:

SEC ranks as of today:

12th in total offense

10th in scoring offense

14th in Red Zone TDs

12th in passing offense

am  i really supposed to believe we are bottom of the barrel in talent compared to rest of the conference?

because that is the ONLY way to explain us ranking that low without admitting who the real culprits are. 

oh and just for shits and giggles, our SEC ranks in 2015

5th in total offense

8th in scoring offense

9th in red zone TD

11th in passing

so please explain to me how averaging fewer yards per game, fewer points per game, fewer passing yards per game, fewer red zone TDs is “getting better”

and this isn’t against just Alabama. 

its against everybody. 

10 minutes ago, La Tigresse said:

Miss me yet?

les-miles-oklahoma-state-sports-illustrated.jpg

No, he wouldn't change the offense either. But he put up a better fight than we're doing with O and E against the machine. 

I thought we had all come to the agreement it was time for miles to go, just didn't want him replaced with someone that couldn't improve the program. 

I'll give O this...after we lost to GumpTurds the last two years, the team didn't quit and get shut out by friggin Arkansas. We'll see how they respond this year. 

31 minutes ago, Fishhead said:

I'll give O this...after we lost to GumpTurds the last two years, the team didn't quit and get shut out by friggin Arkansas. We'll see how they respond this year. 

Arkansas has also gotten progressively shittier over that time.  

Losing to them this year would be an absolute embarrassment. I just don’t see that happening. 

On 11/4/2018 at 7:40 PM, Fishhead said:

I disagree with nootch on burning it all down. Pay aranda (as we are) and raymond. They've earned it and warrant it. 

21 hours ago, Fishhead said:

You're making stuff up. I didn't say fire O. I said we need a new OC. And i think we need a new wr coach, running backs coach, and qb coach. 

The way you wrote that looks like you want to fire O also.  The only coaches you said you wanted to retain were Aranda and Raymond.  All the coaches you did not name, you wanted gone, and you said in your second post.

By your own admission, you said the coaches you did not name, you wanted gone.  You did not name O as being retained.  Therefore, the way you wrote it, by not naming O, you indicated you wanted him fired.  That is the way I took it.  And per your second post, that is the way you intended it.

On 11/3/2018 at 10:30 PM, Fishhead said:

An OC...and better players in the trenches.  Only way to compete with that machine.  

Love Steve, but he's had two full games to put up 1 single point against GumpTurds and he can't do it.  He can't score against UF either, nor MSU.  Any truly good defense we've faced with him at OC, we've failed to score.  And don't tell me about the 19 we scored against MSU last time out.  7 came off a pick brought back inside the 5 and it still wasn't easy.  

I'm good with O...he has shown he isn't Ole goldenshower O.  But he needs to have the balls to move Steve to TE coach and get someone in here like he promised.  He said we're gonna get the "best coordinators".  We don't have that on one side of the ball.  

And don't ask me who I would get.  Not my job.  It's O's

Did you miss the very first post? The premise of this thread??

See the bold part

Nootch, i'm sure you've done this, but if you'd be so kind as to remove the outliers from our offensive numbers and tell me where we rank?

Like, remove Alabama and The Land Sharts. That'll give us a true idea of where we stand offensively. SURELY it will be better removing that zero-burger from the GumpTurds game...

Prior to the GumpTurds game, everyone seemed very comfortable with the direction of the program.  7-1, ranked #3 in the nation, the play of Joe Burrow, yes we needed our receivers to hold onto the ball, Ensminger offense looked better than the Miles/Cameron offense.  Everything wasn't perfect, but things were looking up.  Nobody expected us to beat Ga. before the season, but we did, in a damn good game.

We laid an egg against a GumpTurds team that set our to dominate us, and they are good enough to do that to people but they pull their starters out so as not to embarrass most folks, except LSU.

The glaring problem in the game was the difference in talent level between the teams.

Could we use a better OC?  Maybe, but fixing recruiting is more important.  And unfortunately as I have said, Saban is the best in the business.  If he doesn't finish first in the nation, he's in the top 4, a bad year for GumpTurds.

It's possible to have multiple problems to fix at the same time.  But E was good enough to help the team to a win over the #2 team in the nation againt Ga.  He isn't that bad.

Here's one from the Advocate:

Nov. 5, 2018

Was it talent or scheme that was LSU’s undoing against the Crimson Tide? As usual, the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Alabama was more talented. Alabama is more talented than anyone. The recruiting website 247Sports . com rated GumpTurds’s recruiting classes No. 1 for seven straight years before it finished fifth in 2018 (one guess who is No. 1 for 2019). LSU has some of the nation’s best talent, but not quite to Alabama’s level.

The biggest difference was, of course, at quarterback. Alabama has the almost certain Heisman Trophy winner in Tua Tagovailoa while LSU has Joe Burrow. Don’t misunderstand: LSU did well to get Burrow to transfer from Ohio State and would not be 7-2 and still in the top 10 without him. But he has thrown six touchdown passes this season, none since September. That’s not going to beat Alabama.

Then there is scheme. Somehow, Nick Saban keeps retooling his coaching staff and his program remains par excellence. LSU coach Ed Orgeron said he and his staff have to coach better and his players have to execute better, but Orgeron leaned toward pinning the blame on his players after the game and in Monday’s weekly news conference, something that chafed several players who posted — then took down — gripes on social media. Candid is good, but sometimes O is too candid for his own good.

Yes, Alabama has a fantastic defense. But LSU ranks 103rd nationally in total offense (out of 129 FBS teams), 103rd in passing offense, 116th in passing efficiency, 94th in third-down conversions and 82nd in scoring offense, and that isn’t all because of GumpTurds. LSU had a chance to score 10 garbage-time points Saturday, but Cole Tracy missed just his third field goal of 2018 and Burrow was intercepted in the end zone. Still, LSU has to improve its scheme. Does that mean a change at offensive coordinator? Did Steve Ensminger (whose offense was shut out against Alabama in 2016) even want to be LSU’s play caller beyond this season? All questions to be answered in the long term.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_da4dea1a-e166-11e8-b396-93ef90141c64.html

48 minutes ago, Fishhead said:

Nootch, i'm sure you've done this, but if you'd be so kind as to remove the outliers from our offensive numbers and tell me where we rank?

Like, remove Alabama and The Land Sharts. That'll give us a true idea of where we stand offensively. SURELY it will be better removing that zero-burger from the GumpTurds game...

going by total offense, we drop 6 places to 110 in the nation. 

also TDs to Ints goes from 6:4 to 3:3

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, houtiger said:

Could we use a better OC?  Maybe, but fixing recruiting is more important  

name 100 teams with more talent than LSU. 

if you can do, that, then I’ll buy the recruiting argument. 

if you can’t name 100, or at least come close to 100, then the reason we currently sit outside of the top 100 in total offense is NOT the players.