Gameday Tigers

What's up with JT?

Fishhead

it looks mechanical (which means fixable) to me. 

most of his errors are throwing. it’s like he tries a stutter step looking thing and releasing halfway through it. 
he’s got a cannon so doesn’t need that extra shuffle. just step and fire. 

the grounder he booted last night would have gotten him a few laps from my old coach. 
a he had time (especially with his arm) and didn’t need to round and scoop. charge it square it up. 

the second one may be related to the first though. 

if he doesn’t trust his legs (from whatever injury had him on crutches) it’s going to throw off everything else. 

4 hours ago, Nutriaitch said:

it looks mechanical (which means fixable) to me. 

most of his errors are throwing. it’s like he tries a stutter step looking thing and releasing halfway through it. 
he’s got a cannon so doesn’t need that extra shuffle. just step and fire. 

the grounder he booted last night would have gotten him a few laps from my old coach. 
a he had time (especially with his arm) and didn’t need to round and scoop. charge it square it up. 

the second one may be related to the first though. 

if he doesn’t trust his legs (from whatever injury had him on crutches) it’s going to throw off everything else. 

It appears to be all footwork to me, why I'm wondering if it's from the injury. 

Lynn Rollins and Ben McDonald have blamed it on his injury and lack of practice time. If he's still committing that many errors come SEC play may have to give somebody else  a shot. The question is who? Doty?  CPM's teams may have had other issues but they were usually rock solid defensively.