Gameday Tigers

The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly (Florida State game 2022)

Nutriaitch

The Good:

• 2 defensive stops in redzone after turnovers
  • fought back like Tigers in 2nd half
  • well executed (for most part) final drive
  • Jayden Daniels was not decapitated

The Bad:

• D-Line really underachieved from my expectations (more on that later)
  • would like Daniels to have looked to his second read more often, but the pressure understandably gave him happy feet
  • we handed the ball off to RB only 4 times the entire first half
  • Dropped passes put us in position to lose game

The Ugly (I hate when this is the longest list):

• Maason Smith Injury. No updates yet, but it looked bad. real bad. Anyone whoever suggests Death Valley go to turf, watch that injury. 100% caused by fake grass.
  • Ali Gaye's targeting. that was as textbook as it gets. If it wasn't that he's got the reputation of being an very good standup dude, it almost looked intentional.
  • Effort. Some guys clearly lacked it. And it was noticeable.
  • O-Line did look better in 2nd half, but 1st half was worse than even i expected.  We will not win very many games if that continues
  • we only forced 2 damn punts all night
  • we didn't catch either of them
  • tackling as a whole was atrocious
  • i had nearly as many 3rd down stops as the defense did. and i was in a hotel in Ala-fornicating-Gumps
  • Special teams as a unit gets a huge F for the night. 2 kicks blocked, 2 muffed punts, and a shanked punt that was generously measured at 30 yards.
  • the DBs that came in from such defensive powerhouses as: USL and Okie State spend too much time looking like a previous DB that came from Nicholls State.
  • Brian Kelly's halftime interview was one of the worst I've seen in a while. And our last 2 coaches were Ed and Miles. He looked completely flabbergasted.  For someone that normally is much better with a microphone and camera in his face, he really seemed off.
  • There is no bottled Purple Haze or Abita Amber anywhere near this godforsaken town. 
  • Florida State's band played "Neck".  a lot.  our band did not.
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nutriaitch said:

The Good:

• 2 defensive stops in redzone after turnovers
  • fought back like Tigers in 2nd half
  • well executed (for most part) final drive
  • Jayden Daniels was not decapitated

The Bad:

• D-Line really underachieved from my expectations (more on that later)
  • would like Daniels to have looked to his second read more often, but the pressure understandably gave him happy feet
  • we handed the ball off to RB only 4 times the entire first half
  • Dropped passes put us in position to lose game

The Ugly (I hate when this is the longest list):

• Maason Smith Injury. No updates yet, but it looked bad. real bad. Anyone whoever suggests Death Valley go to turf, watch that injury. 100% caused by fake grass.
  • Ali Gaye's targeting. that was as textbook as it gets. If it wasn't that he's got the reputation of being an very good standup dude, it almost looked intentional.
  • Effort. Some guys clearly lacked it. And it was noticeable.
  • O-Line did look better in 2nd half, but 1st half was worse than even i expected.  We will not win very many games if that continues
  • we only forced 2 damn punts all night
  • we didn't catch either of them
  • tackling as a whole was atrocious
  • i had nearly as many 3rd down stops as the defense did. and i was in a hotel in Ala-fornicating-Gumps
  • Special teams as a unit gets a huge F for the night. 2 kicks blocked, 2 muffed punts, and a shanked punt that was generously measured at 30 yards.
  • the DBs that came in from such defensive powerhouses as: USL and Okie State spend too much time looking like a previous DB that came from Nicholls State.
  • Brian Kelly's halftime interview was one of the worst I've seen in a while. And our last 2 coaches were Ed and Miles. He looked completely flabbergasted.  For someone that normally is much better with a microphone and camera in his face, he really seemed off.
  • There is no bottled Purple Haze or Abita Amber anywhere near this godforsaken town. 

The last 'ugly' should've been way higher on the list.  In fact, should've led with it. 

I'll add an ugly.  Our disgusting fanbase.  I know it's a vocal minority, or pray that it is, but it's psychotic.  Players have had to remove their social media accounts due to demeaning comments and flat out attacks and threats.  

I'll add a good. 
Jayden Daniels led three consecutive TD drives to end the game.  His legs are a positive.  I agree his first half was subpar because he was one read and go.  But considering first game of the season, completely new surrounding cast, bad OL play, BAD PLAY CALLING, SLOW PLAY CALLING, I'd say he did pretty well.  He was excellent in the second half and they should've let him run in the 2 point conversion to win it. 

Other than that, you're spot on

• Like 1