Gameday Tigers

Art By Jacob Zumo

LSUDad

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

As most know, I help with a few organizations. While helping with the Cystic Fibrosis Tennis Tournament, this past year. I was helping with a silent auction. Thought about Jacob, texted him asking if he would help with a painting, his reply,”Just let me know, I’m in!” 
I hope we can get back to somewhat normal. Jacob still wants to help. Cystic Fibrosis and Folds of Honor are two I help with, getting Jacob shouldn’t be a problem. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I talked with Jacob earlier, we still on with the Cystic Fibrosis Bert Jones Golf Tournament. Jacob said he’s in, also the Folds of Honor Golf Tournament. That too, Jacob will paint for those two. He’s setting up a studio downtown Baton Rouge. My next trip to BTR, he asked if I would have time to visit his new studio, no doubt. We will discuss a number of ways to get his art work out. Covid has hit a number of folks, I’m always ready to help folks in any way possible. Will keep everyone up to date once we get started. 

Edited by LSUDad
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Hatchertiger said:

Tell Jacob I purchases one of his Our Lady of Fatima (my home church parish and where my kids went to school) and it has sparked some very interesting conversations when I wear it.

Will do, next time we get together. Been friends with his family for years. 

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

“Piety goes pop in the hands of Jacob Zumo, whose colorful “Mother Mary” series of paintings gives a nod to Andy Warhol and Hunt Slonem. Zumo, who studied at the Sacred Art School in Florence, Italy, opened his own gallery on Interline Avenue in late 2021. The second-story space makes the most of its high ceilings with suspended crosses and dangling rosaries above walls filled with his vibrant paintings and even furniture upholstered in his sacred art prints. A former elite basketball player, Zumo created the Pete Maravich mural on Government Street as well the larger-than-life praying hands that first provided a message of positivity on a wall of the GymFit facility during the early pandemic. “Over the last few years, I’ve made it a point to step out of my comfort zone not only in my personal spiritual life but also my career,” Zumo wrote on Instagram last November as he prepared to open the gallery. “God is good.”” Absolutely flattered that I was chosen on the cover of @inregister this month of “A Day in The Life of the Arts” edition. This spread puts it pretty well. God is good. 📸: @sean_gasser_media #artbyjzumo #inregister #louisiana #batonrouge #art #community #sacredart

4F76C3CD-68AF-4ED2-9F96-AAA2728A93DC.thumb.jpeg.589c2ef5be697c310527e91bd1b76837.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

BFE0E963-0D66-4596-A153-83C55041DCFF.thumb.jpeg.028926a66bb609d39ace908e31f54cfa.jpeg

I texted this picture to Jacob the other night, this was my text to him…

That was 2013, the program from the TCU/LSU Football game.”

A few minutes later, I received a text from Jacob, this was his reply…

”Yes i remember! Incredible, I was on the phone when you text me this with the guy who put this in the magazine - hadnt talked to him in years. No lie. Pretty crazy coincidence.”

“Animate your courage continually with humility and your humility and the desire to be humble with trust in God. So that your COURAGE IS HUMBLE & your HUMILITY IS COURAGEOUS.” (-Padre Pio) Thank you @225batonrouge and Baton Rouge for nominating me and pulling me through as Best Visual Artist of 225. Thank you God, my family and everyone who has supported me over the last 10 years of ups and downs! Feel like Im just getting started and it starts with your home town support. God is good. #artbyjzumo #225magazine #bestof225 #visualartist #sacredart

3B832657-5CF7-4B6F-AF79-45D1BC11CF2C.thumb.jpeg.87accb5416efd30e67cd28e02b940a91.jpeg

1B59E40D-4893-42DD-B24C-08A6430241D1.thumb.jpeg.dd32026d4b52e8e4e5e82f72aa19359f.jpeg