Gameday Tigers

Film Study: LSU vs FU ... 2022 (mostly POSITIVE this week)

Nutriaitch

Opening kickoff and we have a complete breakdown.

Opening Kick 1.png

Jarrick Bernard-Converse (gold circle)  is lined up roughly halfway between the hash and the numbers
Laterrance Welch (purple circle) is lined up on the outside edge of the numbers.

this is their lanes.
their jobs on kick coverage is to keep outside contain. Don't break toward middle until the returner is too far up-field to make the edge.

UNFORTUNATELY:

Opening Kick 2.png

well before containing or boxing in Etienne, Bernard-Convers (still in gold) is now well inside the hash. He was further than that, but i let the film play until Welch (still in purple) was also in the pic.  And as you can see, Welch is at the has as well, leaving nobody on the outside.

This allows a speedy guy like Etienne to beat them both to the edge and get a big return

deep ball for their first TD was another breakdown

Deep Pass Pre-Snap.png

LSU playing in a 2 deep man under.  Meaning the corners have man with 2 deep safeties playingin zone.
Joe Foucha (gold) has from middle of field to left sideline.
Greg Brooks (purple) has middle of field to right sideline.
neither is supposed to allow anyone to get past them.

Deep Pass Wrong WR.png

Foucha (still gold) unfortunately breaks to follow the slot guy on a crossing route and allows the WR (orange) to get past the last level.
Bernard-Converse gives up inside leverage because he thinks he has help in deep middle.

Here is what has been missing from JDs game.

Boutte.png

Daniels had decent protection, went through progression, then scrambled right.
Except he kept his eyes downfield.
Then he threw a ball to Kashon Boutte (gold) who was not open yet when JD released it.

result of play: completion for first down. (my bad, juuust short of the first down)

so we've struggled to run block and get any sort of production between the tackles.
the solution?

a simple toss sweep

Toss Sweep.png

you get the ball to Williams in space with room to make something happen.
you also schemed it well because downfield you have a blocker for every defender.

simple play. 8 yard gain. now you're ahead of schedule with 2nd and 2.

another great read on a quick slant.

Kole Taylor.png

Kole Taylor just finished his cut, isn't really open yet, but Daniels is already at release point.

also Kole Taylor.  In case Gator fans didn't realize that was Kole Taylor catching a pass in the Swamp again.
He appeared to keep both of his shoes on this one though.

• Nutriaitch changed the title to LSU vs FU film study (mostly POSITIVE this week)

again, THIS is what we've been lacking

Jenkins TD.png

the DB is step for step with Jenkins (purple), but the ball (gold) is more than halfway there already.
Lead your studs, let them make a play

Note: Florida jumped offsides on this one, so was a "free play". very heads up by both JD and Jaray for seeing it and taking the shot downfield.

TOUCHDOWN TIGERS!!!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dachsie said:

Thanks for doing this Nootch.  It's interesting

glad y’all like it. 

i’d be happy to make this a weekly feature. 

*note: i’ve somewhat done this for myself last several years, didn’t know if others would geek out over it like i do.*

2 minutes ago, Nutriaitch said:

glad y’all like it. 

*note: i’ve somewhat done this for myself last several years, didn’t know if others would geek out over it like i do.*

god i wish we had this quality film work available to us back in the 90s

ok,I can't let this one geaux.
we semi-discussed this during the game

Ward's hit on AR15

Ward cheap shot.png

My dawg Jay Ward has a clean lick on Richardson.  The guy us corners masturbate to at night.
like you can not ask for a smoother cleaner route to decapitating a guy than this.

Ward Dirty.png

and Jay goes low.  on the replay, this looks waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay worse than it did in real time.

my old DC (R.I.P) would have absolutely blessed his soul for this hit.
would have patted him on head for nailing the QB, but blasted his ass for "how" he hit him.

1 hour ago, Nutriaitch said:

glad y’all like it. 

I feel like I am learning things so I like it.