Gameday Tigers

LSU Has Hired Football Coach Joe Brady

LSUDad

38 minutes ago, Nutriaitch said:

(almost) all coaches are ridiculous. 

but at least use a different phrase to say the same thing. 

It does get frustrating.  All the coaches stand up to be interviewed.  They want good relations with the press, so they can't just give yes or no answers, they have to embellish a bit to make things interesting, for the fans also.  But, they are usually committed to not saying anything substantive.  They want to guard injury info, and locker room issues.  They can't give away the gameplan.  So, they want to go on for a while, and say nothing.  So, usually, you just get mumbo jumbo.

"We have to get better", "Everybody has to be accountable", or your favorite other 50 sayings.

46 minutes ago, houtiger said:

It does get frustrating.  All the coaches stand up to be interviewed.  They want good relations with the press, so they can't just give yes or no answers, they have to embellish a bit to make things interesting, for the fans also.  But, they are usually committed to not saying anything substantive.  They want to guard injury info, and locker room issues.  They can't give away the gameplan.  So, they want to go on for a while, and say nothing.  So, usually, you just get mumbo jumbo.

"We have to get better", "Everybody has to be accountable", or your favorite other 50 sayings.

that’s where Les really shined. 

dude would talk for a few minutes and absolutely no one (including himself) had any clue what the hell he just said. 

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

When I was told of what was being done in practice with the offense, after Steve and Brady had gotten into formulating a playbook. I too was shocked. We still have not used all the playbook. They keep adding stuff. 

Edited by LSUDad

On 1/26/2019 at 1:50 PM, houtiger said:

He's coached a lot of positions, even on the defensive side back in the day.  He has NFL experience, I don't think Sean Payton would keep a guy around if he didn't have some snap.  I like what I see.

On 1/27/2019 at 12:25 PM, LSUDad said:

Mickey Joseph is still the WR Coach. 

So this tells me, Brady is in for what he can do to help fine tune the offense. Two years with Peyton, Carmichael and Drew, he has some knowledge within their system. 

On 1/27/2019 at 1:02 PM, LSUDad said:

Ok, just got off a call from someone I trust in New Orleans, his info was very telling. He kind of gave me an overview of Brady. Brady was a non stop coach, involved with the OC and QB coaches ( Spending time with Drew and the other QB’s). Game planning, player development. He more than likes the hire, from an LSU perspective. Red Zone offense, offensive transition, a better use of motions and formations. 

For Peyton to bring him into the organization tells, is all he needed to know. Peyton is very very selective. 

All these are good reads within this thread. A little back and forth, we couldn’t wait for the season to start. Houtiger I like your posts in here, you came through. Lots of we continue to drop games to nick, mumbles, etc. Looks like we changed some of that, this season. Still got a ways to go, but so far, it’s been good. 

• Like 1