Gameday Tigers

Hate Week (Volume IV)

Nutriaitch

22 minutes ago, Hatchertiger said:

Come to A&M for college ... and have a ball.

aggienutshhjdy.gif

"I had always thought some of the Aggie traditions were crazy, but I really have no words to explain what is going on here.  Apparently the corp members crowd together at critical times during a game and squeeze their testicles in order to feel the pain of the players and inspire the team. (thanks Mick) Sounds Aggie-rific to me. Maybe they just knew they were going to lose."

http://www.40acressports.com/2006/10/02/aggies-getting-their-squeeze-on/

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hatchertiger said:

I wonder if they tell recruits about this little tradition?

Those MF's are weird!

I took my son to aTm in 2002 to tour the campus before picking a college.  Nothing about academics, all about the dumb Aggie traditions.  They took us out by the football stadium and there was a little "Reveille Graveyard" with all the dead mascots, each with its headstone.  They had mounted a little scoreboard on the stadium so all the dead dogs could always see the score!  Weird.  The original mascot was a stray dog that two members of the corp picked up one night.  They kept him in their room.  Now a corp member (Sr. only) keeps the dog a week at a time, and then the dog went with them everywhere, including to class. and slept in their room.  If the dog jumps on the bed, the corp guy gets out of bed and sleeps on a couch.  Weird.

One of my son's friends went to aTm and he was not into all the traditions.  They have a name at aTm for those folks, "the 2 percenters".  That's about right.

My son went to UT-Austin.  We went for a visit there, all academics, and very well done.  My son got a degree in EE focused on micro electronics (chip design), sent out over 100 applications to every semi conductor company in the US, NO OFFER, not even one reply.  He had good grades, finished with a 3.2 overall.  He taught for half a year, finally took a job doing process controls for oil refineries and chemical plants and 17 years on that is what he still does.  All the chip manufacturing was moving to Taiwan and South Korea.  Today Taiwan Semiconductor make one half of the computer chips in the world, and Samsung in S. Korea makes 25%, the US makes 12%.  A few months ago the US passed a bill to subsidize chip manuf. in the US, and Intel will build new foundries in Arizona and Ohio to be ready in three years.  Chips are the new strategic commodity, you will have to have chips just as much as we need oil today.   I got long winded there, but oh well.........

• Like 2

2 hours ago, houtiger said:

Those MF's are weird!

I took my son to aTm in 2002 to tour the campus before picking a college.  Nothing about academics, all about the dumb Aggie traditions.  They took us out by the football stadium and there was a little "Reveille Graveyard" with all the dead mascots, each with its headstone.  They had mounted a little scoreboard on the stadium so all the dead dogs could always see the score!  Weird.  The original mascot was a stray dog that two members of the corp picked up one night.  They kept him in their room.  Now a corp member (Sr. only) keeps the dog a week at a time, and then the dog went with them everywhere, including to class. and slept in their room.  If the dog jumps on the bed, the corp guy gets out of bed and sleeps on a couch.  Weird.

One of my son's friends went to aTm and he was not into all the traditions.  They have a name at aTm for those folks, "the 2 percenters".  That's about right.

My son went to UT-Austin.  We went for a visit there, all academics, and very well done.  My son got a degree in EE focused on micro electronics (chip design), sent out over 100 applications to every semi conductor company in the US, NO OFFER, not even one reply.  He had good grades, finished with a 3.2 overall.  He taught for half a year, finally took a job doing process controls for oil refineries and chemical plants and 17 years on that is what he still does.  All the chip manufacturing was moving to Taiwan and South Korea.  Today Taiwan Semiconductor make one half of the computer chips in the world, and Samsung in S. Korea makes 25%, the US makes 12%.  A few months ago the US passed a bill to subsidize chip manuf. in the US, and Intel will build new foundries in Arizona and Ohio to be ready in three years.  Chips are the new strategic commodity, you will have to have chips just as much as we need oil today.   I got long winded there, but oh well.........

I think they are building a chip facility in Austin that should open next year

Ok - I am going to hijack this thread.  I live around these holier-than-thou, sanctimonious jackasses.  I am so tired of their constant chest thumping about how they are a so much better school than most anyone else, that academically they are as good as Vanderbilt.  And their "honor code" only works when they want it to apply.  They say their honor code is what sets them apart yet they will trash anyone they don't agree with.  Some honor there, huh?  And then after we beat them 7 years in a row and they finally win one, they have the audacity to brag about it and try to rub it in your face.  Dudes - it took you 7 years to beat us!  I have immensely enjoyed their fall from grace this season and want our Tigers to embarrass them even more.  Damn jackasses!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, houtiger said:

My next door neighbor is a aggie grad, has season tickets.  He says the biggest problem is the o-line.

For an Aggie, he knows what he’s talking about. I posted this Sunday: 

The OL is their main problem. House should have no problems with this offense. 
Jimbo running much of the same stuff, their OL not being able to pick up stunts and blitzes. “

Look in the thread… aTm Vs LSU.