Gameday Tigers

How much separates LSU football from Georgia?

houtiger

Could be players, or coaching.  The schemes put out there by their OC and DC looked effective.

To me, the big difference is the o-line and d-line.  We have good players, they have elite players, and depth.  On the line, their players are BIG and QUICK and STRONG.  Against TCU I saw a true frosh DT for Georgia push back two o-line for TCU, split them and grab the QB, and he was the backup.  It was late in the game and TCU was tired and beat, but Ga. just man handled them.  We have to start winning the recruiting battle for 5* linemen, and CB because this is a passing world now.

The OC and DC  from Ga., their schemes look good because they have outstanding personnel to run the scheme, and those kids have been in the program for several years, they are not coming in from the portal and picking it up for the first time.

people don’t want to hear this, 

but UGA is built the exact same way LSU was during Les Miles era and during peak Saban at Alabama. 

but everyone said you have to play Madden Playstation to win. 

yet Saban is no longer dominating like he once was. 
but the team built like his dominant stretch is dominating the game. 

It isn't a secret that recruiting is the key to success. You mention Miles, fantastic recruiter, won most of his games because he had enough talent on the field to overcome the places he fell short. TCU was outmanned, plain and simple.  If you keep the teams the same and switch the coaches I think you get the same result. Kelly outkicked his coverage this year, the incoming class seems to be legit, lets give him a year or two and it isn't outside the realm of possibility that we are challenging (hell we did that this year) or better. 

All is well folks. 

• Like 3

Uga is running the offense Kelly wants to run. If you look at their offense, the OC and OL coaches both spent time at LSU. In fact, the HC, DC and Special Teams coaches all spent time coaching at LSU. 

Uga has finished in the top 3 in recruiting for the last 4 or 5 years, I wonder how they can lose a game. 

Right now it’s a lot about the Jimmy’s and Joes, X’s and O’s. Kelly is still a ways back, but he’s gaining fast. 

Kelly is building a foundation, but he was left with a cluster. Kirby was left with a very good program, Richt did a great job of recruiting. What Kelly did in year one, remarkable. He is still putting this thing together. Remember it took Kirby 6 years to beat the short guy, Kelly did it at LSU his first year. I’m not going to crown Uga the best ever, they won two in a row. Kelly and the short guy will still have a say this upcoming year. 

• Like 1