Gameday Tigers

Things we've learned

Fishhead

Dylan Crews is the best everyday player on the team (this we knew)

• Last year's strength (bullpen) is this year's weakness
  • Christian Little is likely NOT a closer.  7 runs given up in two innings, yeah, not closer stuff
  • Shores is good, will be great.  He has some pure filth in him, just young
  • A couple guys need a cranial/rectal inversion.  WTF, Jobert?  Dude on second, (the go ahead run), and he gets BACKPICKED off first??  To end the damn inning???
    • Morgan can use one too on his baserunning.  As far as his bat, I'd never really think I could give him batting advice, but maybe quit trying to go opposite field every friggin at bat.  He has power.  When he pulled the ball today, triple about a foot from a HR. His HR this year was to RF.  Most times lately, he goes oppo, and he's had a ROUGH couple weeks at the plate
  • Arkansas is damn good.  Possibly #1.  Just like us.  And others.  Too early to know for sure. 

Crews is best in the country. (this we definitely knew)

Bullpen wasn't a strength early on last year either, so that gives me hope.
Last year it wasn't right away that Randy Johnson Jr. and ToeTap dominated, but they eventually did.

Little isn't a closer, correct. May be a middle innings guy?

Hell, depending on what happens tomorrow, I might flip flop Shores and Floyd

• Like 1

Just now, Nutriaitch said:

Crews is best in the country. (this we definitely knew)

Bullpen wasn't a strength early on last year either, so that gives me hope.
Last year it wasn't right away that Randy Johnson Jr. and ToeTap dominated, but they eventually did.

Little isn't a closer, correct. May be a middle innings guy?

Hell, depending on what happens tomorrow, I might flip flop Shores and Floyd

Yeah I think Shores is starting by mid to late April.  He's got some stuff. That first pitch of the inning to Rowengardner or whatever that dude's name was looked like it came out of Skenes' hand.

1 hour ago, Fishhead said:

Yeah I think Shores is starting by mid to late April.  He's got some stuff. That first pitch of the inning to Rowengardner or whatever that dude's name was looked like it came out of Skenes' hand.

exactly. 
and Floyd has late inning short relief stuff. hot coming out, but can't really go multiple trips through the lineup

14 hours ago, Hatchertiger said:

Yeah Neal’s mit didn’t even budge on some he called balls

top of the 6th was bad. really bad.
don't know why, but he squeezed the hell out of him in that inning.

no, Arkansas didn't score in that debacle of an inning. 
But the pitch that should have ended the inning was pitch #68 for Skenes.  He ended that inning at 95 pitches.

that's at least 2 more innings, and as efficient as he had been to that point, it's 3 innings.

he ended the night with 105 pitches in 7 full.

at pace he was going prior to that 6th inning, he would have been around 102 after 9.
Meaning Shores comes in in either the 9th or 10th and we get those 2 innings later. May never see Little or Hellmers

• Like 2