Gameday Tigers

LSU @ South Carolina (Game 2 - April 7, 2023)

Nutriaitch

Tanks watches strike 1 at 80 mph, swings over strike 2 at 79 mph...

BARELY got a piece of it to stay alive on just an awful swing at a pitch in the dirt...

Ball high, 1-2

Ball high 2-2, like WAY high

easy tapper to SS who steps on 2nd and we're done.  

This is brutal to watch

Bad luck with a liner ripped up the middle the pitcher somehow caught, doubled off Beloso at first who was moving thinking it was a sure hit. 

Need to shut them DOWN here...impending weather coming in...wind blowing straight in.  We're about to learn a lot about Gavin Guidry.

Guidry Ks the first batter of the inning

2nd batter, Pop up to no man's land finds green grass in shallow right, man on 1 down bottom 9

3rd batter Ks, Guidry's breaking pitch is disgusting

Walk, good hitter at the plate, lefty.  Wind helping lefties...NEED THIS WIN!

GOT HEEEEEEEEEEEM!!! TIGERS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha, back to work for me lol...at least for an hour

Guidry was awesome and will be NEEDED going forward.  

Shores questionable going forward, not hearing anything good
Edwards...ugh, not hearing good things and looked like your typical elbow issues, I wouldn't count on him being back.  That sucks.  Wish Skenes only threw like 20 pitches last night lol.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Big T said:

So where are we in the series? Rubber?

1-1, thanks to Cooper (and Dugas)

Cooper should've been brought in last night instead of throwing a true frosh with NO SEC experience in a 3-1 game.  Bucknam struck out the side, but also gave up 2 HBP, 3 walks, and TWO HRs.  Game was over then.

(I'm fking with you about Cooper winning this game lol, but he DEFINITELY should've been in last night instead of Bucknam and Hellmers who were both horrible)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fishhead said:

1-1, thanks to Cooper (and Dugas)

Cooper should've been brought in last night instead of throwing a true frosh with NO SEC experience in a 3-1 game.  Bucknam struck out the side, but also gave up 2 HBP, 3 walks, and TWO HRs.  Game was over then.

(I'm fking with you about Cooper winning this game lol, but he DEFINITELY should've been in last night instead of Bucknam and Hellmers who were both horrible)

I get it man, I do. I don't get to watch near the games I used to so if you guys tell me Cooper showed out last year I have to take your word. It seems every time I see him on the bump it is a disaster. I'll try to temper my expectations. 

Here is my chief complaint and this is for the entire staff. If you can't control your breaking ball then don't throw the damn thing.  I swear the worst thing an LSU pitcher can do is get to an 0-2 count because it is going to be full in 3 pitches. Drives me nuts and opo coaches and hitters know this as well. We don't challenge, instead we try to get them to swing at crap and they aren't stupid. Just sit back and wait for the free pass while they throw a slider that lands 2 feet outside and a foot before the plate.

Edited by Big T

Cooper's attribute is he'll go in there and give you decent innings. Nothing fancy, but he will eat innings, and I haven't seen him implode like Bucknam and Hellmers did... ever

I've seen him give up HRs, but not walk the roster AND give up HRs

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Big T said:

Here is my chief complaint and this is for the entire staff. If you can't control your breaking ball then don't throw the damn thing.  I swear the worst thing an LSU pitcher can do is get to an 0-2 count because it is going to be full in 3 pitches. Drives me nuts and opo coaches and hitters know this as well. We don't challenge, instead we try to get them to swing at crap and they aren't stupid. Just sit back and wait for the free pass while they throw a slider that lands 2 feet outside and a foot before the plate.

if you don't throw something offspeed with movement, then even High School batters will time you up and Tee-Off

6 hours ago, Fishhead said:

Cooper's  Nothing fancy, but he will eat innings, and I haven't seen him implode  

He has settled in now the he doesn't start but he blew it in his one start against Iowa.

LSU starter Riley Cooper (1-1) was charged with the loss after firing three innings and giving up five runs on seven hits.

https://lsusports.net/news/2023/02/25/lsu-falls-in-game-2-of-round-rock-classic-12-4/

But the dude can wail!!!