Gameday Tigers

LSU vs Texas A&M (SEC Tournament - May 26, 2023)

Nutriaitch

Elimination game
3:00pm at Hoover Met against the Gay Milkmen from College Station.

Radio / TV:
98.1 FM in Baton Rouge ; SiriusXM Channel 374 for the national feed ; LSUSports app also has it free to listen.
SEC Network is once again carrying the TV feed

Weather:
82° under partly cloudy skies. Winds coming in from center at 8 mph with gusts reaching 15 mph. 0% chance of rain in the forecast

Pitchers:
have not seen an official announcement by either team

• Like 2

Bottom 2  Floyd pitching with a 1-0 lead

Their JT-S, ground rule double to lead off

Tar-crotch-B, B, B, smoked to RF corner, we're tied, Tar-Crotch is on 2nd with no outs

Bost-S, S, foul, 0-2 still, B, B, 2-2, 4-3 ground out, runner to 3rd with only 1 out.  Crazy english on that ball, off the end of the bat

***Mound visitation to discuss defense I guess***

Minnick- S, foul 0-2, B, 1-2, foul, K!

3 Ks for Floyd, 2 down in the inning

Kaufer-  S, FO8 and we're done, but the Aggots tie it up after back to back doubles to lead off the inning

Top 3   LSU 1   TAMU 1

Crews (flew out to CF in 1st)-Infield hit in the 5.5 hole, runner on first no outs

Morgan-foul, CATCHER'S INTERFERENCE BITCHES!!!  2 on nobody out!  Cost us the game yesterday

The Vibe-Popped up, 1 out

Belly-S, B, S, foul, 1-2, B, 2-2, K looking

Bear-S, B, 1-1, S, not sure what they're looking for...K, just made him look silly

To the bottom of the 3rd

Top 4  1-1

Dugas-B, S, S, smashed to FL, DOUBLE!

Jobert-DOUBLE!!  2-1 Tigers  I don't think I've seen Jobert go oppo...ever.  Slapped that one down LF line!

JT-Balk!  Jobert to 3rd, S, 0-1, S, B, 1-2, K and 1 down

Kling- S, S, can't come close to the breaking ball, foul, 0-2, K, 2 down

Crews-S, also not close to the breaking ball, B, B, 2-1, popped up, swung at a ball a foot high out of the zone. 

2-1 Tigers, but Jobert stranded at 3rd after getting there with nobody out.

Bottom 4  LSU 2  Aggots 1

First Aggot- FO 7, yet again not your everyday FO7 lol.  Morgan catches it up against the wall

2nd one-allegedly HBP, might have grazed his pants?  Anyway, 1 on 1 out

3rd milkman- B, S, B, foul, 2-2, B, foul, 3-2, K, runner steals, 2 down though

***Mound visit***

4th chump-check swing foul, 0-1, wild pitch, runner to 3rd, 1-1, 6-3 ground out, and we're done in the 4th

Top 5  LSU 2  TAMU 1

Morgan-B, foul, 1-1, B, S, 2-2, B, full count (close but low), walked him   1 on nobody out

The Vibe-WALLBANGER, Morgan scores on the Travinsky double!  That ball got to the wall in 0.3 milliseconds!

3-1 Tigers

Belly-Flared down RF line, drops but Travinsky had to wait, stops at 3rd, runners on the corners nobody out

Bear-S, B, S, 1-2, B, amazing he didn't chase it lol, 2-2, can't find it, K   1 down, runners on corners, 3-1 Tigers

Dugas-bunts, suicide squeeze right back to pitcher, Travinsky out at home.  2 down

Jobert-goes oppo again, but 3rd baseman makes a play, 3 down

But the Tigers add another, leave 2 stranded, 2 hits, no errors, etc etc etc........

3-1 Tigers

• Like 1

Bottom 5th  LSU 3  TAMU 1

1. S, B, S, foul, 1-2, B, foul, 2-2, B, full count, K!

2. S, B, deep short, Thompson makes it close but he's safe at 1st   1 on 1 out

3. B, S, B, 81 pitches, Herring warming, B, 3-1, foul, full count, fouled off ball 4, still full count, K!

4.  FO8 and we're done in the 5th, on to the 6th.  

Wonder if Floyd is on a similar pitch count at Skenes yesterday?  

3-1 Tigers after 5

Top 6  it's 3-1 Tigers

JT-S, GO5 and there's one out

Kling-S, S, K...ugh, he's looked terrible at the plate.  Who called him the next..................

Crews-B, B, B, 3-0 (I'm guessing he's got the green light), RIPPED into CF!  One on nobody out!

Morgan-B, B, Crews swipes 2nd easy, RISP, 2-0, GO 4 and we're done, still 3-1 Tigers

Bottom 7  3-1 Tigers  Herring pitching

Some aggie-full count, walk

Next aggie-B, double over Crews in LC, runners on 2nd and 3rd nobody out

Aggie 3-S, B, Deep fly, Morgan runs under it but runner scores from 3rd.   3-2 Tigers

#4. S, B, foul, 1-2, B, 2-2, foul, B, 3-2, B4, walk, I imagine he's about done...IDK who's in the pen but there's activity

***Mound visit, Dutton in***

5.  First pitch, blast to the bleachers in left, big fat juicy hanging curve belt high, demolished, 5-3 Aggies

***Mound Visit***Dutton gone, Coleman coming in, needed him to START tomorrow.....

6. Base hit to CF, ugh

7. Another....killing me

8. S, B, S, K, 2 down

9. B, S, B, S, foul, foul, B, full count, walk

***Mound Visit***

10. IDK what happened, bases loaded 2 outs, still 5-3 them

K

Bottom 8    5-3 them, let's see how far down we can get....
Guidry in...let's just use all our pitchers today lol

1. S, foul, nasty bender for the K   1 out

2. pop up FO8, 2 down

3. S, B, B, Pop up and Kling makes a nice running catch right behind 1b, to the 9th

Top 9 5-3 them, we need some runs

Morgan-B, B, FO8 1 down
(I think Ben is wrong on that 3-18 figure...it's 3-18 with men on base, not RISP)

Vibe-B, S, B, 2-1, foul, infield hit

Belly-(He and I attended the same HS, FYI)
B, foul, S, 1-2, LACED DOWN RF LINE!!  Double, men on 2nd and 3rd!
SCHOOL MATE!! 4-5 on the day, pinch runner in for Belly, Stevenson

***Mound meeting***

Tommie White should be pinch hitting right now, and he looks like he feels the same...

Bear-Foul, 0-1, WILD PITCH!  Travinsky scores and Stevenson to 3rd!  5-4, tying run 90 ft away!  Just hit a damn fly ball, B, B, 3-1, ball 4
I wish they'd have thrown him a fastball...pinch runner coming in, Pearson, crowd in it!

Dugas-Just need a deep enough fly!  Foul, 0-1, foul, 0-2...ugh nail biting time...B, 1-2, foul, K...dammit.  Can we not just hit a flipping fly ball??
Between he and Crews, big time let downs....

Jobert-Final chance for the Tigers and "just a fly ball" won't cut it now, 2 down
S, S, 0-2...ugh, popped the frick up, we're done