Gameday Tigers

College Baseball Selection - 2023

Nutriaitch

annual reminder, as long as we are in the top 8, the actual number next to our name is not as big of a deal as people make it seem.

the committee has always manipulated the numbers to make matchups work.
the draw we get is much more important than the number

• Like 2

I only caught bits and pieces of the show, but saw the lsu regional. It should not have shocked me that tulane was sent to br, but it did. I knew they would be in the tourney since they won their conference tourney yesterday. As the green one said, "mediocrity pays". lol

The LSU Tigers baseball team was without one of their key bats, first baseman Tommy White, in their final game in the SEC championship tournament. White is the nation’s RBI leader and could have definitely been a factor in their tough 5-4 loss in the third round against Texas A&M.

Following Selection Monday for the College World Series, Tigers head coach Jay Johnson provided an update on White’s availability for their opening regional game on Friday.

“I anticipate him being able to play on Friday. He was a little bit banged up, beat up, (and) needed that rest,” said Johnson. “We gave it to him; it was hard to do. Trust me, in a game, you lose by one run. And the amount of guys we had on base, you would like the national RBI leader coming up in that game. So that was some temporary pain for me. But I think it was the right thing for Tommy and, ultimately, the right thing for our team.”

9 hours ago, Nutriaitch said:

this is about as good of a draw as we could have possibly asked for !

IMG_8594.jpeg

matches up against KY

IMG_8596.jpeg

WVU will win the Kentucky regional

Our paired regional has lost 10 of the last 12 regionals when we are a national seed. It's uncanny