Gameday Tigers

LSU vs That team Down the River (Regionals 2023 - Game 1)

Nutriaitch

Postseason Baseball at The Box.
This is exactly how things are supposed to be.

Unlike previous seasons, the higher seed is the designated home team for every game. 

We get the early game to start things off.
2pm today vs a 40 loss team from across the street from  Audubon Park/Zoo.

Radio/TV:
98.1 FM in Baton Rouge if you decide to listen to Chris Blair callout. You can also hear him for free on the LSUSports app.
ESPNU is televising the game, but it will also be available on ESPN+

Weather:
Summer has definitely arrived in South Louisiana.  92° at first pitch with a Heat Index north of 100°.
Winds Blowing in from Right Center Power Alley at about 7mph with gust reaching up to around 12 mph.
0% rain in the forecast for the day.

Pitchers:
tommy-boy-chris-farley.gif

1 hour ago, Nutriaitch said:

you don't get out much, do you?

that's pretty much the consensus not to throw him today.

Told you, I'm almost grown and she-ite is moving waaaaaaay too fast for my liking.  I should be downshifting at this point in life but instead I'm still in the passing lane

3 minutes ago, Nutriaitch said:

I was forced to slow down a few years ago, so I don't push it near as hard as I once did.

I have a bad feeling that I'm headed to that destination.  I really need to cut down on a bunch of things that are going to put me in a box before it's time.

ONLY sensible explanation I've heard is it's supposed to rain going forward, so avoiding a South Carolina situation. 

Ben Mcdonald has come out with a reason to start Skenes today (before the announcement), but I haven't listened to it

I think it was due to Oregon St being down their 2 best starters and would have to throw their best pitcher tonight. LSU has beaten S.H.I.T. with a bullpen guy by 12 runs

12 minutes ago, Fishhead said:

ONLY sensible explanation I've heard is it's supposed to rain going forward, so avoiding a South Carolina situation. 

Ben Mcdonald has come out with a reason to start Skenes today (before the announcement), but I haven't listened to it

I think it was due to Oregon St being down their 2 best starters and would have to throw their best pitcher tonight. LSU has beaten S.H.I.T. with a bullpen guy by 12 runs

rain chances are under 50% for tomorrow.

only reason I can come up with is to keep him on schedule.

6 minutes ago, Nutriaitch said:

rain chances are under 50% for tomorrow.

only reason I can come up with is to keep him on schedule.

I didn't think we were looking at decent rain chances until Monday. The espn studio crew was eviscerated lsu over starting skeenes.