LSU To Host Kentucky In Super Regional

LSUDad

Last time to play Ky: 

#1aHR0cHM6Ly9zdG9yYWdlLmdvb2dsZWFwaXMuY29t
VS.
#12University of Kentucky Logo
10-Run Rule

KENTUCKY

Baton Rouge, La. (Alex Box Stadium, Skip Bertman Field)
W, 16-6 (8)
Fri. Apr 14
VS.

KENTUCKY

L, 10-13
Sat. Apr 15
VS.
Delayed From 1 p.m. by Rain

KENTUCKY

W, 7-6

34 minutes ago, Nutriaitch said:

if you pitch like you swim, I'd rather take my chances with the bullpen.

Bet your ass I'm not throwing one (or in our pitchers not named Skenes) case 30 or so that are 2 feet off the plate. What is going on with that? I don't like the ones in the dirt but I get it, what is with the ones that are that far out? Even our pitchers couldn't miss that bad, that is intentional and its stupid. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Big T said:

Bet your ass I'm not throwing one (or in our pitchers not named Skenes) case 30 or so that are 2 feet off the plate. What is going on with that? I don't like the ones in the dirt but I get it, what is with the ones that are that far out? Even our pitchers couldn't miss that bad, that is intentional and its stupid. 

we can have a promo that night.
call it souvenir night for fans in outfield bleachers.

• Haha 1

image.thumb.png.66faba493376a3d76b4e5fc20836f0af.png

JUST so the all knowing nootch doesn't get confused I have drawn a circle around home plate. I have drawn a short verticle line which is the outside edge. I have also drawn a longer verticle line where The Vibe catches this ball. There is no explanation for this pitch. NONE! It doesn't exist other than "we just wanted to raise his pitch count". No one outside of little league is ever going to swing at that and if they did I'd sit them for the rest of the game and kick them off the team when we get home. It is dumb but if you watch closely you will see Hurd, Floyd and anyone else not named Skenes and my boy Guidry throw this pitch, more than once. I'm sure Mr. Baseball will have an answer with a bunch of gobbly gook and talk  about balls in the stands but none of it will hold water. There is absolutely zero reason to throw this and no, it was not a miss!

29 minutes ago, Big T said:

image.thumb.png.66faba493376a3d76b4e5fc20836f0af.png

JUST so the all knowing nootch doesn't get confused I have drawn a circle around home plate. I have drawn a short verticle line which is the outside edge. I have also drawn a longer verticle line where The Vibe catches this ball. There is no explanation for this pitch. NONE! It doesn't exist other than "we just wanted to raise his pitch count". No one outside of little league is ever going to swing at that and if they did I'd sit them for the rest of the game and kick them off the team when we get home. It is dumb but if you watch closely you will see Hurd, Floyd and anyone else not named Skenes and my boy Guidry throw this pitch, more than once. I'm sure Mr. Baseball will have an answer with a bunch of gobbly gook and talk  about balls in the stands but none of it will hold water. There is absolutely zero reason to throw this and no, it was not a miss!

I don't see anything, so no clue what pitch you're talking about

now I see it.

the pitch immediately before that one hit a right handed batter in the back of his heel.

was that one also to raise his pitch count?
or could it be that Stapleton was a bit wild that inning?

I mean there is NO WAY possible that the pitch is actually called on (or just off) the outer edge, but a college kid misses his spot, right?

you need to take Greg Maddux and the like out of your skull.
the reason all the experts are drooling over Skenes and his command is because it's really damn rare at the collegiate level to posses that.

you can tell by where Travinski has his mitt, that the intention was not to throw it into Walk-On's parking lot.
but for some reason you seem to think that was intentionally throw there.

go back and rewatch that pitch.

Hurd and Floyd are two more guys that are notorious for losing their command for stretches.

Wait, this guy is complaining about our pitching this weekend??? 

This was literally the hottest hitting team in the country (the Beavers) over the last 28 games, scored 18 on 24 hits Friday, and got owned by LSU pitching with us using guys who, according to @Big T, should've been left in the portal or generally suck. 

We struck out 19 (NINETEEN) batters with Floyd, Hurd, and Guidry,  Cooper didn't give up a hit first time through their lineup, and he's complaining??

I call bull sh1t. He's messing with us

• Haha 1

On 6/6/2023 at 4:45 PM, Nutriaitch said:

notorious for losing their command for stretches

Losing their mind is more like it. Of course they will miss their spots! That is not a miss, that is ridiculous.  It is between the on deck circles so it's possible Sammy Sosa might swing at it but he is the only one on the planet. 

No sir, that is not a miss, he threw it there on purpose.  Hurd and Floyd do the same damn thing.

21 minutes ago, Big T said:

No sir, that is not a miss, he threw it there on purpose.  Hurd and Floyd do the same damn thing.

there is (almost) no way you are actually this obtuse, but I'll keep playing along.

so if this was completely intentional, then why was Travinski set up on the inner third of the plate?

Screenshot 2023-06-08 at 2.14.22 PM.png

• Like 1

Giddy Up! 

On Wednesday, The ESPN Press Room revealed the announcing teams for all eight super regionals happening around the country this weekend. 

Calling the Baton Rouge Super Regional between No. 5 LSU and No. 12 Kentucky will be Tom Hart and LSU Legend Ben McDonald.  

Game 1 starts at 2 p.m. CT at Alex Box Stadium and will be televised on ESPN. 

Games 2 and 3(if necessary) are TBD. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nutriaitch said:

there is (almost) no way you are actually this obtuse, but I'll keep playing along.

so if this was completely intentional, then why was Travinski set up on the inner third of the plate?

There is an axiom that says two things can be true at the same time. This isn't one of those! I guess my initial assumption was correct,  Stapleton is really that bad! I've seen 10 year olds not miss that terribly 

1 hour ago, Big T said:

There is an axiom that says two things can be true at the same time. This isn't one of those! I guess my initial assumption was correct,  Stapleton is really that bad! I've seen 10 year olds not miss that terribly 

want me to pat videos of Randy Johnson missing that badly?

guess he sucks too. 

5 hours ago, Nutriaitch said:

want me to pat videos of Randy Johnson missing that badly?

guess he sucks too. 

He may have missed that badly a handful of times in his career.  The 3 I'm talking about are in double digits every time they take the mound. Its unforgivable!  Miss, sure I don't expect them to be perfect,  throw it to the outside of the opposite batters box and we have a problem. 

On 6/6/2023 at 1:55 PM, Big T said:

I'm just glad we won yesterday, if we would have had to play the beavers again they may have called me to pitch. 

I think we would have done better calling in the bat girls to pitch.

Edited by Just Me
typo
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Big T said:

He may have missed that badly a handful of times in his career.

he would miss that badly pretty often early in his career.
It's one of the reasons he was so intimidating early, because you didn't know where the hell that ball was going.
it wasn't until several years in that he got it under control.

6 hours ago, Big T said:

The 3 I'm talking about are in double digits every time they take the mound.

:rofl:

You do know they keep actual stats on this stuff, right.
Floyd has thrown 5 wild pitches all season (seriously, anything that damn wide will go down as a wild pitch)
I'll even be generous and say that Millazo may have saved a handful of them. 

so we're up to what 7 or 8?
out of 1,384 pitches thrown this year, he's uncorked fewer than 10 as bad as you suggest.

6 hours ago, Big T said:

Its unforgivable!  Miss, sure I don't expect them to be perfect,  throw it to the outside of the opposite batters box and we have a problem. 

maybe we should get those 10 year olds you know to pitch for us this weekend instead of the guys that will be drafted by MLB teams in a few weeks.

• Like 2

oh, and because I'm a stat nerd that enjoys facing with you

1992 when Randy Johnson was a 28 year old All Star, he averaged 0.42 Wild Pitches per Game

this season the 3 guys you mentioned are:

Ty Floyd - 0.31 wild pitches per game
Thacher Hurd - 0.40 wild pitches per game
Stapleton - 0.12 wild pitches per game

so they miss really badly  less often than a hall of fame pitcher did as an All Star.

Hell, Johnson won 5 Cy Young awards in an 8 year stretch.
He averaged 0.15 per game over those 8 years.

Stapleton is throwing fewer than Randy Johnson did during the absolute peak of his Hall of Fame career.

but I don't guess any of that wobbly gook isn't relevant since the little league field you frequent has an abundance of 10 year olds that are all better than a guy in the top handful to ever throw a pitch.

• Like 2