Gameday Tigers

LSU vs Wake Forest (2023 College World Series - Round 2)

Nutriaitch

1 minute ago, Big T said:

We are out of arms! We have nothing left! 

oh, so you would prefer to start the guy you're blaming for this loss tomorrow in an elimination game?

I repeat, there is no damn way you're this stupid.  you have to be fornicating with us at this point.

5 minutes ago, Fishhead said:

I didn't want him to completely stroke out

I'm thinking he's had an aneurysm already with his thought process

"don't throw Hurd, we need to save him for next game"
"Hurd is the reason we lost, send him back to the portal"

dude is more all over the place than the ump's zone was tonight

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Just Me said:

1. That sucked. 

yep

2. The only thing I will say about the umps, is greenie texted me, and even he was bitching about them. 

first game in my life that I've heard the announcers complaining about the zone

3. Scoring. Only. Two.

yep

• Like 1

I'm pretty even keeled, I think with this.  Here's my take...

1. Morgan made a bad mistake.  That's the only place the ball is hard hit and you absolutely canNOT run in that situation.  Big mistake and it cost us.  And yes, he was out. 

2. As a team we gave up 5 hits.  FIVE.  This is absolutely NOT on pitching.  Johnson bringing in Hurd was not the issue either.  You don't 'save' pitching for the next game in the damn CWS.  Just like anyone saying "should've saved Skenes for WF".  We may not have ever SEEN WF if we don't start Skenes in the opener. 

3. Our hitters sucked in general.  NO timely hitting and they gave us multiple fielding errors.  We didn't take advantage enough.  

So now we have an issue, but we have arms left.  Yes, they're inconsistent.  But all of them have done well in spots, and particularly recently.  We have to buckle down and we need to HIT THE DAMN BALL!!  We were always only going as far as our bats would take us, and they failed tonight.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fishhead said:

I'm pretty even keeled, I think with this.

I'm not

1. Morgan made a bad mistake.  That's the only place the ball is hard hit and you absolutely canNOT run in that situation.  Big mistake and it cost us.  And yes, he was out. 

agreed.
That cost us this game every bit as much as anything else.

and I think he was out too, but definitely wasn't anything on replay that could have changed that call.

2. As a team we gave up 5 hits.  FIVE.  This is absolutely NOT on pitching.  Johnson bringing in Hurd was not the issue either.  You don't 'save' pitching for the next game in the damn CWS.  Just like anyone saying "should've saved Skenes for WF".  We may not have ever SEEN WF if we don't start Skenes. 

correct.
it's tournament time. pitch for TODAY.

worry about tomorrow and you'll be sitting at home watching on TV tomorrow

3. Our hitters sucked in general.  NO timely hitting and they gave us multiple fielding errors.  We didn't take advantage enough.  

neither team hit worth a damn.
a big part of it was one pitch a ball in Colorado is a strike.
the next a pitch on the actual black is a ball

it started out bad, but from the 6th on it was some of the wildest shyte I've ever seen. And I've been watching for a long time

So now we have an issue, but we have arms left.  Yes, they're inconsistent.  But all of them have done well in spots, and particularly recently.  We have to buckle down and we need to HIT THE DAMN BALL!!  We were always only going as far as our bats would take us, and they failed tonight.  

last time I was in this godforsaken desert, we had a team with no pitching depth climb out of the loser's bracket by beating the "best team in the country" twice.

let's fornicating ride!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Fishhead said:

And now I get to wash this damn shirt.  Haven't washed it since Regionals started.  I mean, that's only 5 games and I only wore it during the game, indoors, etc...but yeah.  It's time

I'm sporting my 2008 "power of gold" shirt.

the next wash may completely decimate it.

ok, I should probably cool off first, but here's my thoughts

First, my only real complaint about in game coaching.

Jay probably should have had someone warming already at the start of the 6th.
out of 18 starts, only 4 times all year has Floyd gotten out of the 6th inning.
we were right around his limit, and probably should have had the foresight to see the end coming.

I do not have an issue with Hurd coming in.
He's been solid down the stretch, and we needed to win tonight.  play to win the game you're in.
that's what we did.  it didn't work, but that was the thought process, and I can really disagree.

no, we didn't hit worth a damn.
but neither did the best hitting team in the country.
why? because Blue was the shittiest umpire I have ever seen in my life.  And I coached little league for over a decade with High School kids that have never even watched a baseball game in their lives calling balls and strikes.
that was fornicating pathetic.  Even Kyle Peterson (a pitcher who thinks the plate should be 22" wide) was saying "that was a ball" "that's a strike, I'm sorry"

Morgan should not have run on that ground by Beloso. But at the same time, the one thing (other than K) that Belos cannot do in that spot is hit the ball to theft side of the infield.
pretty much anything to the right side scores a run, then we're up 3-2 instead of tied going into bottom 8.

now we are in the one place we couldn't find ourselves.
in the loser's bracket.

we have 3 days to get 81 outs.
and the bats have to out produce two of the better lineups in the country while doing so.
but if we think like that, we're going home tomorrow.

there is only one way to win this thing.

Let's go out tomorrow win one ball game.
every decision made tonight and tomorrow has to be with that in mind.

Win one game.

we''ll worry about Wednesday when we get there.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nutriaitch said:

Even Kyle Peterson (a pitcher who thinks the plate should be 22" wide) was saying "that was a ball" "that's a strike, I'm sorry"

And that’s a big “no no”’ for an announcer. But it happened more than once. Telling of how bad the ump was. 

1 minute ago, Hatchertiger said:

Not sure how he runs around doing concerts and holds down a spot pitching for LSU

Cqt1xwkz_400x400.jpg

3229f8392eb7c5e54b9f99e600488bcb32-chris

Can’t be that easy. I do remember a couple football players changing their names, Keith Zinger is one. Domanick Davis changed to Domanick Williams. 

On 6/19/2023 at 9:02 PM, Big T said:

Baseball is more my thing than you think. Yes, all good points, have to hit, don't run into outs all that stuff. Still think Hurd was a bad call and I was right.

No you weren't.  He gave up 1 friggin run and it was due to a well known and widely accepted issue, a horrible HP ump. 

You started bishing last night because you thought he was our only hope to win tonight.  Wrong again.  Maybe you're a softball dad?  IDK.  I do know you'd think it was great if we just used one pitcher all year lol

• Haha 1