Gameday Tigers

LSU vs Wake Forest (2023 College World Series - "If Necessary" Game)

Nutriaitch

I'm proud of my mancrush, sitting fastball, got the hips going early but has enough strength to wait on that hanging breaker and POUND IT!  

But lest we forget, our glaring weakness heading into the postseason...

LSU Starters
28 innings
6 earned runs
1.93 ERA

LSU Bullpen
18 innings
2 earned runs
1.00 ERA

5 games
46 innings
8 total runs
1.57 ERA

• Like 3

Alex Box North was rocking tonight. I said, Tank had 22 HR’s, this would be a great time to add to that total. All around me said, we would like to see it. BOOM!!!

As smooth as a Jello Shot going down! 

Pucker Up And Kiss That Baby Goodbye! 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Fishhead said:

Another sorta surprising post, although it includes Skenes so some of this is likely skewed going forward, but...

Screenshot_20230623_124842_Chrome.jpg

Something I noticed about this.  WF had a pretty decent offense, better than average to great, depending on the category.  People credited that to the softball field they played on. 

Now consider their pitching.  They PITCH on that softball field, and they are easily the best statistical pitching staff in the country, despite pitching from a softball field.  That's unreal and puts in perspective why we struggled to hit against them.  They're GREAT from the pitching standpoint.  Elite. 

Now let's look at LSU.  Who would've thought LSU, with the much maligned bullpen and honestly questionable starters behind Skenes, would be 20th in the country in ERA??  It's amazing what the postseason has done for our pitching numbers, an UNBELIEVABLE difference from the season until now.  

Don't kid yourself, FU is really solid.  But statistically, LSU is better in pretty much every category.  Defense is in their favor, but not by much.  But they have some dudes that can MASH.  

In case you didn't know, tomorrow brings rain, thunderstorms, and something very interesting...

A complete change in wind direction, and it'll be honking...straight out.  How does that affect each team?  How does it affect the series as a whole?  They have a couple solid pitchers, but no Skenes.  Then again, we have no Skenes unless something crazy happens and we get a delay that causes this to go another day.  MAYBE he could pitch a couple innings Monday, but that can't be counted on.  Gonna be fun either way!

• Like 1