Gameday Tigers

LSU vs FU (2023 College World Series - Championship Game 1)

Nutriaitch

2 hours ago, Nutriaitch said:

if you asking about a potential game on Monday, I can't answer that until I see who is used and how much tomorrow

You already know, they will use Ack, and Guidry and anyone else able to throw a ball and leave who? 

What?

I hope we get it done tomorrow because we didn't come this far to lose! If we play on Monday Skenes gets the ball! Has to, we won't have another option!

9 hours ago, Nutriaitch said:

no, it isn't.

there is a reason not even the best Major Leaguers of all time don't pitch on that schedule.
he can maybe get you a couple innings on that short rest.  which will be in the late innings.

when? tomorrow?

Ackenhousen.

if you asking about a potential game on Monday, I can't answer that until I see who is used and how much tomorrow.

*Ackenhowitzer

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hatchertiger said:

What LSU left fielder made a game saving catch similar to Pearson’s? Game was played in Alex Box few years back. Cannot for the life of me recall his name!!!

Edit: Jared Foster v. Aggies 

game was at Blue Balls in Aggy town. 

I have said before, I'm not a baseball fan.  I do watch the World Series, and if LSU is in the CWS I watch that. 

That said, I have enjoyed this CWS more than any other.  The quality of the play by LSU has been fantastic.  The quality of the competition has been fantastic.  The quality of some of the defensive play has been fantastic (Tre Morgan).  Skenes against Louder was fantastic.  Clutch hitting by Beloso and White.

It has just been very enjoyable.

The pitching by those not named Skenes has exceeded my expectations, given that the bullpen had some rough outings in the second half of the regular season (I picked that up on the website).  I guess they have greater focus, but they are really delivering.

I enjoy the post game interviews, the players seem loose and enjoying the experience.

There is nothing to not like about this series.  I listened to the championship podcast up above, excellent job by Fish and Nootch.  I was glad to see Fish dwell on the defensive play by Tre Morgan.  It's a fine a defensive play as I have ever seen.  I've seen some great catches in the outfield, but that's purely physical.  Morgan's play took a lot of brains and execution.  He had to anticipate and be ready to make that play before it even started.  Then he had to be cat quick to charge the bunt.  Something Fish didn't mention is how perfect Morgan's placement of the toss to the catcher was, he set the catcher up to make the tag perfectly, while he was diving!!!  Greatest defensive play in LSU history?  I don't watch a lot of baseball, but it has to be in the top 5, maybe the best ever.  Fish said he thought it was the best ever and Nootch agreed.

I would like to see us close them out tonight because I'm not sure my heart can take much more of this.

LSUDad sure picked a good year to go to Omaha!

Geaux Tigers!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2