Gameday Tigers

LSU vs FU (2023 College World Series - Championship Game 2)

Nutriaitch

3 minutes ago, Big T said:

Watch

Hell when I turned it off it was 8! Now I see they've hung 22 on us and not done. That is embarrassing. 

We have a shyte ton of pitchers, why can only a few of them actually pitch?

today is a complete anomaly.

our staff had and ERA below 2 in Omaha coming into this game.
I'd say that's pitching pretty good.

Bottom 9

Beloso-GROUNDED to 1st, one down

Bear-B, B, foul, 2-1, S, 2-2, GROUNDED to 2nd, 2 down

Jobert-S, FLY....HR  See how that works guys?  Straight away CF.  Just had to hit them in the air.  Wasn't even barrelled

Nippolt- S, B, 1-1, foul, 1-2, B 2-2, foul, lined off the pitcher, bounces to 1st baseman, out at first

5 minutes ago, Big T said:

Watch

Hell when I turned it off it was 8! Now I see they've hung 22 on us and not done. That is embarrassing. 

We have a shyte ton of pitchers, why can only a few of them actually pitch?

by the way, to answer your question from earlier, I would start Herring and follow him with Hurd.

Theory

LSU has played Saturday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, and today.  They're spent

UF played Saturday, Monday, Wednesday?, then had a couple days off, got out of rhythm and couldn't hit last night, and found it today.  

We in trouble

2 minutes ago, Nutriaitch said:

by the way, to answer your question from earlier, I would start Herring and follow him with Hurd.

Which in some combo I'm sure will be the rotation. Yes pen pitched out of their minds for a few weeks. They are gassed. Why is only Skenes, Hurd, Floyd, Herring,Guidry and Coop? There are a lot more P on the roster besides the hurt ones. Where is our development?

1 minute ago, Fishhead said:

Theory

LSU has played Saturday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, and today.  They're spent

UF played Saturday, Monday, Wednesday?, then had a couple days off, got out of rhythm and couldn't hit last night, and found it today.  

We in trouble

100% if Skenes doesn't go

1 minute ago, Big T said:

Which in some combo I'm sure will be the rotation. Yes pen pitched out of their minds for a few weeks. They are gassed. Why is only Skenes, Hurd, Floyd, Herring,Guidry and Coop? There are a lot more P on the roster besides the hurt ones. Where is our development?

Little was clearly a miss, Dutton has never been more than serviceable, Money is Money and does what he does, sometimes it's 'good' but sometimes he gets hit hard because he doesn't know to throw 0-2 pitches in the dirt...he should be your man crush lol. That's nine and 4 are out for the year.  

Ack and Coleman have also pitched well.

that's 9 guys.
not many staffs in America go that deep.

and when you consider guys 6-9 should actually be guy 10-13, that's not nearly as bad as you make it seem.

But seriously, 5 errors?  JT's play completely changed momentum and I'm not just saying that because he's Nootch's mancrush.  

Our inability to even ATTEMPT to hit balls in the air killed our offense.  We were still acting like the wind was howling in and didn't even make good contact on most of the grounders. 

2 minutes ago, Fishhead said:

Little was clearly a miss, Dutton has never been more than serviceable, Money is Money and does what he does, sometimes it's 'good' but sometimes he gets hit hard because he doesn't know to throw 0-2 pitches in the dirt...he should be your man crush lol. That's nine and 4 are out for the year.  

no, that's 11 because he left Ack and Coleman off the list.

so he's actually complain that our 15th best arm isn't Curt Schilling

• Like 1

It seriously doesn't matter who pitched today.  Look at the 5 errors and our inability to hit our way out of a wet paper bag.  I mean, they walked or hit a ton of us early, and we left the bases loaded multiple times.  Last night that didn't hurt because they got nobody on base, but today, it mattered because they hit fly balls with a 20 mph wind behind them.  We Crews, Tanks, Vibe, all pounded everything into the ground all day.  

2 minutes ago, Big T said:

I do too, should be in the band

dude has had a TERRIBLE World Series, but dude was hitting over .400 in the postseason heading into Omaha, and prior to the Morgan play the other night had made 2 of the best defensive plays ever at LSU

1 minute ago, Big T said:

Lately,

Sit his ass and let's see what Guidry has, can't be worse

depends on if we plan on having Guidry available from the pen.
He only threw 21 pitches today, so he can definitely throw again.

Nippolt likely gets the nod tomorrow.
I'd even consider Merrifield who can at least hit the ball in the air.

10 minutes ago, Nutriaitch said:

depends on if we plan on having Guidry available from the pen.
He only threw 21 pitches today, so he can definitely throw again.

Nippolt likely gets the nod tomorrow.
I'd even consider Merrifield who can at least hit the ball in the air.

Nothing says you can't move from SS to P. 

Nothing says you can't move from SS to P. 

by rule? correct.

but (and I hate to use Fish's line here) but this isn't girl's softball either.
you don't throw 21 pitches on Sunday, however many hard throws from SS during early inning Monday, AND pitch that night.

there is a reason you don't see players do what you're asking these guys to do beyond like travel ball or maybe High School.

and that reason isn't because Big T on Gameday Tigers is the first one to think of it.

• Haha 2

Darn.  I watched the recording, not at all what I was expecting.  It looked like coach gave up on the game, cleared out the bullpen to get the game over while saving his best pitchers for tomorrow.  In the "win one out of the last two  games", that's probably the thing to do when you no longer think you can win the first game of the two.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, houtiger said:

Darn.  I watched the recording, not at all what I was expecting.  It looked like coach gave up on the game, cleared out the bullpen to get the game over while saving his best pitchers for tomorrow.  In the "win one out of the last two  games", that's probably the thing to do when you no longer think you can win the first game of the two.

when he brought in Collins and had Little warming, I knew we were playing for tomorrow.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Nutriaitch said:

by rule? correct.

but (and I hate to use Fish's line here) but this isn't girl's softball either.
you don't throw 21 pitches on Sunday, however many hard throws from SS during early inning Monday, AND pitch that night.

there is a reason you don't see players do what you're asking these guys to do beyond like travel ball or maybe High School.

and that reason isn't because Big T on Gameday Tigers is the first one to think of it.

Got it backwards.  So he threw 21 today, ok great, light work. He most certainly can start at SS tomorrow and come in to pitch if needed. You think they are going to hit every ball deep into the hole and force him to throw across the yard on every play. No he might get a few 3 or 4 and those will probably be flips to 2nd. If he can't do that then he needs to do a package check and figure out what he wants to accomplish here.

Just now, Big T said:

Got it backwards.  So he threw 21 today, ok great, light work. He most certainly can start at SS tomorrow and come in to pitch if needed. You think they are going to hit every ball deep into the hole and force him to throw across the yard on every play. No he might get a few 3 or 4 and those will probably be flips to 2nd. If he can't do that then he needs to do a package check and figure out what he wants to accomplish here.

so then why aren't more SS also pitchers?

I mean if it was that simple, then the best athlete on the field (typically the SS) would do that all the time in college and pro ball.

can you come up with more than 1 example since the turn of the century of someone doing that in major college or pro ball (I can come up with 1, but don't remember who he played for)?

if not, don't you think maybe there is a reason for that?
do you honestly think that nobody before now ever thought to try it?

you've obviously never pitched at a level above like young little league type shyte.

the stress on your shoulder and elbow is phenomenal. 
And being a little sore, your arm slot changes. that's when you hang one and it lands in Iowa.

4 minutes ago, Nutriaitch said:

so then why aren't more SS also pitchers?

Geez that's a mighty leap Evil Kinevil! I'm sure at some point in their careers they made a choice to do one or the other. It just so happens that we have a guy that CAN do both and came here to...wait for it...play effing SS! Not spend his time on the bump. Good thing to because he's got one damn pitch that's worth a flip.

Never said errbody should do it. Good grief you are hard headed