Gameday Tigers

Countdown to Kickoff 2023

Nutriaitch

no I'm not apologizing for using him twice.

Freshman year Mathieu wearing #14 was so damn good that I literally created the man-crush thread just to claim him. So that guy gets a spot on the list.

but Sophomore year he acme "The Honey Badger" and was arguably the best football player I have ever seen.
so THAT guy gets a spot too.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dachsie said:

That's cool!  I was expecting PP when you used HB earlier but I agree with your assessment.

Yeah that one year doesn't warrant two numbers in this thread. 

I would've given him 7 but if I gave him 14, I'd have given Peterson 7.

But like I said, giving him 14 was dumb. He wasn't truly great  until the bowl game against TAMU in 2010.

Peterson was great in 2009 and 2010.

Completely agree 2011 Mathieu was better than 2009 or 2010 Peterson, but for that one great season he just deserves one number. 

It's an awesome story how he turned his life around and has stayed solid since. 

Thanks, Patrick Peterson, here's zero recognition. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fishhead said:

The original, who rescued the one he allowed to follow

Patrick Peterson career turnovers: 7
Honey Badger turnovers just in 2011: 8

Patrick Peterson career TDs: 4
Honey Badger TDs just in 2011: 4

Patrick Peterson career tackles (3 years): 135
Honey Badger career tackles (2 years): 133

Patrick Peterson career sacks: 0
Honey Badger career sacks: 6

PP7 was an All-Time great. no question about it.

but Honey Badger in 2011 was other worldly.

• Like 1

Can't let the day pass without throwing up Rohan!!!

rohan-davey-football-players-american-ph

EDIT:

Ascension Christian and Parkview Baptist were victorious at the Red Stick Rumble Jamboree at Parkview on Thursday night.

First-time coach Rohan Davey and senior quarterback Christian Noel led the Lions to an easy win over Central Private, and the Eagles scored a pair of touchdowns in the game’s first two minutes to set the tone in their win over Franklinton.

“It was exciting ... it is hard to describe,” Davey, the former LSU quarterback, said of his emotions after his first game as coach of Ascension Christian. “But it was very rewarding to see where we were two months ago to where we were last week to where we are now. I’m excited, but a lot of work to do.”

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/high_schools/rohan-davey-wins-debut-as-ascension-christian-coach/article_be9160f4-42f0-11ee-b6f1-bfff4f76cb01.html

Edited by Hatchertiger