Gameday Tigers

Countdown to Kickoff 2023

Nutriaitch

17 hours ago, Big T said:

Wait, did Chase quit on the team?

Yep, opted out. 

Honey Badger quit on the team by violating team rules so often he got kicked off.

Patrick Peterson saved his ass but doesn't get a spot here despite being an incredible player and ambassador for LSU. 

Fulton quit on the team by faking a drug test and being declared ineligible for two years. 

But they're on here because Nootch is extremely biased. Maason Smith with his 20 or so career tackles gets a spot, but not Pat lol

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Fishhead said:

Yep, opted out. 

Honey Badger quit on the team by violating team rules so often he got kicked off.

Patrick Peterson saved his ass but doesn't get a spot here despite being an incredible player and ambassador for LSU. 

Fulton quit on the team by falling a drug text and being declared ineligible for two years. 

both Fulton and Mathieu would have given anything to play.  They wanted to play and be a part of this team.

Chase slap didn’t want to play. 

But they're on here because Nootch it's extremely biased.

correct. I don’t like quitters. 

Maason Smith with his 20 or so career tackles gets a spot, but not Pat lol

name me literally any other player in the history of LSU football that ever wore #0. 

a lot easier to get on list when nobody else has ever even worn your number than it is when a ton of greats have all worn it 

5 hours ago, Nutriaitch said:

both Fulton and Mathieu would have given anything to play.  They wanted to play and be a part of this team.

Chase slap didn’t want to play. 

correct. I don’t like quitters. 

name me literally any other player in the history of LSU football that ever wore #0. 

a lot easier to get on list when nobody else has ever even worn your number than it is when a ton of greats have all worn it 

Mathieu wouldn't give anything to play.  He chose to repeatedly break rules and smoke spice.  Repeatedly. "Given anything" includes giving up the forbidden substance he willingly chose to continue using with full knowledge it was against the rules. He was literally suspended for it during his great season.  

Fulton wouldn't stop smoking weed and thought the NCAA test included weed.  It didn't.  But he thought it did, and wouldn't stop smoking weed, then had to fake a drug test that wouldn't even have popped lol.  

Regarding 0, yes, only one I know of.  I just think it's a shame a guy like Patrick Peterson doesn't even get a shout out, but a guy with 20 career tackles does...simply because you had to put your dude in twice.  Even though you told me it was players that were significant contributors in big games or whatever criteria existed THAT day. 

Just acknowledge you moved the goal posts to suit your list.  It's your list, you can do as you please.  But as readers of your drivel, we have the right to call you out on it, especially when you gave me a criteria and didn't stick to it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fishhead said:

Regarding 0, yes, only one I know of.  I just think it's a shame a guy like Patrick Peterson doesn't even get a shout out, but a guy with 20 career tackles does...simply because you had to put your dude in twice. 

if Smith wore 7, he wouldn’t get a shout out either. 

he gets one because he is literally the only human being to ever wear that number. 

Just now, Nutriaitch said:

if Smith wore 7, he wouldn’t get a shout out either. 

he gets one because he is literally the only human being to ever wear that number. 

But there was a criteria, per you.  Pat Pete met the criteria and then some.  He's the reason your dude got to wear 7, and in fact, the reason 7 is a thing at all.  He's the reason your guy made the NFL.  He was not only a phenomenal player for LSU, but also a fantastic teammate and ambassador for LSU.  

No mention.  

Dumb.

And I like your guy!  I even said him at 7 is a good choice.  But once you used him for 14, Peterson should've been 7.  Or Fournette.  Lots of players that DID give anything to make a positive difference for LSU have worn 7.  

You even said in the podcast it pissed you off that Mathieu threw it away because he KNEW what it took to get there.  But like I said, your thread.  You just gotta take the heat I'm gonna give you for your dumb thread lol.  

Best thing about Alabama is I-10 leaving it.  Best thing about this thread is, it's over...and I'll make sure and start next season's. I won't wait until we get into DB numbers.

3 minutes ago, Fishhead said:

But there was a criteria, per you.  Pat Pete met the criteria and then some.  He's the reason your dude got to wear 7, and in fact, the reason 7 is a thing at all.  He's the reason your guy made the NFL.  He was not only a phenomenal player for LSU, but also a fantastic teammate and ambassador for LSU.  

No mention.  

Dumb.

so as not to hurt your widdle feewings next year i’ll include multiple players for each number (that have multiple worthy guys)

16 minutes ago, Nutriaitch said:

so as not to hurt your widdle feewings next year i’ll include multiple players for each number (that have multiple worthy guys)

There's no next year for you lol. 

I'm doing a countdown thread and it's starting the day baseball ends.  You can do your DB countdown thread.  (And yes I know you included more than just DBs, but seriously, you skipped MULTIPLE days and then suddenly picked back up when you hit the DBs you like lol).