Gameday Tigers

Scrimmage Today

Fishhead

Starting DBs were Zy and Duce at CB, Brooks at Nickel, Sam and Burns at safety. 

Interesting was Sage was 2nd team CB with Stamps. 

Toviano 2nd string Safety

Zy is evidently really solid

Sage left with what appears to be a stinger, nothing serious and no other guys nicked. 

Maason held out

DL is nasty anyway

Offense is good but there will be complaining. Jayden didn't throw the ball down field as much as many would like, but was the better QB

Kaleb Jackson isn't the most well rounded but is the biggest threat at RB

Malik Nabers is a freak, look for contribution early from Shelton Sampson and Prean, also freaks

Z Heard may wind up at starting RT at some point with Jones to guard. 

Will Campbell is going nowhere

• Like 1

Not in the scrimmage, but from last week, someone reported that Aaron Anderson took a handoff on a reverse, and his speed will be hard to deal with when running the reverse.  I think Denbrock and Kelly must find it hard to stifle their grins when contemplating (big word) how many more options they will have in play calling, given the step up in talent, depth and experience on offense.  The tight ends are young, but freshmen can play this game if they are physically ready.  They have to find 3 RB that can tote the rock.  I think this offense is going to be good, maybe wicked good.  I don't see a weakness, or a need that was not met.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, houtiger said:

Not in the scrimmage, but from last week, someone reported that Aaron Anderson took a handoff on a reverse, and his speed will be hard to deal with when running the reverse.  I think Denbrock and Kelly must find it hard to stifle their grins when contemplating (big word) how many more options they will have in play calling, given the step up in talent, depth and experience on offense.  The tight ends are young, but freshmen can play this game if they are physically ready.  They have to find 3 RB that can tote the rock.  I think this offense is going to be good, maybe wicked good.  I don't see a weakness, or a need that was not met.

Multiple game ready freshman at TE thus season to go along with Taylor

Oh and Aaron Anderson is a problem. He's "him"

28 minutes ago, houtiger said:

Does it sound to anyone else like Josh Williams and Armoni Goodwin are not physically ready to start the season?  Was it FH said he thought Noah Cane would start game 1 based on his experience? 

No sir, I thought Williams would but he's nicked I believe

8 hours ago, Fishhead said:

Appears Kaleb also housed a reception out of the backfield,  75 yarder. 

Shout out to @houtiger being on KJ early on. Gonna be hard to keep him off the field

I liked the sound of 6' 220, came in 4th in the state 100 meters at 10.89.  I had read he was the no. 1 rated back in La. going into his Sr. year, but missed most of his Sr. year due to injury.  Kelly said he is working on "the details" of playing RB.

Quite frankly, at this point Daniels isn't going to flip some switch. It's not that kind of situation. 

I think the question is, will he take more chances. Last year was far and away his lowest yards per attempt in his career. He's just gotta let it rip. 

He's got Malik, and Taylor is his #2 guy. From camp reports, he's still looking for a #3. May be Lacy, maybe a freshman. BTJ not having the best camp so far. 

Kaleb Jackson or Aaron Anderson could do wonders for his yards per completion lol.  Both make house calls. 

Also Daniels is a good bit thicker this year, in a good way. He's accurate, just gotta let er rip

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fishhead said:

Also Daniels is a good bit thicker this year, in a good way. He's accurate, just gotta let er rip

I recall he showed up at LSU, 6' 4", 175 for spring practice 2022.  I think he played last year at 195.  Today he is listed on the roster at 210.