Gameday Tigers

CU - 45 TCU - 42

COTiger65

The Buffs were a 22 point dog at kickoff.  Coach Prime and his staff deserve a hell of a lot of credit for getting the team prepared.  However it is the players who executed the game plan about as well as could be  expected.  Coach Prime's son, Shedeur threw for 510 yards and 4 TDs.  I've been watching CFB for a long, long time and that might have been the biggest upset I've seen.  Not much time for the Buffs to celebrate as they host Nebraska next Saturday.

Edited by COTiger65
  • Like 2

• COTiger65 changed the title to CU - 45 TCU - 42
33 minutes ago, Nutriaitch said:

i’ve never liked him going back to his baseball playing days. 

so i will never root for him. 

No argument that he's an arrogant individual.  But my fuzzy memory tells me that he pretty much backed it up on the playing fields.  Him & Bo Jackson were probably the best all around athletes I've seen perform.

• Like 1

You don't have to like Sanders to respect what he did.  He is a coach now, dismissing players and recruiting players, developing them to win.

"Aug. 30 2023 - Colorado lost games by an average margin of 29.1 points last year, the worst in the country and the fourth-worst among Power 5 programs in the past 30 years.

When the Buffaloes take the field in Fort Worth, Texas, against No. 17 TCU on Saturday, the only resemblance to last year's team will be the uniforms. Only 10 scholarship players from the 2022 roster remain with the team. The team's 86 new players come from all over -- from high school to junior college to the SEC -- including nine who followed Sanders from Jackson State, led by Shedeur Sanders, Deion's son and CU's starting QB, and Travis Hunter, the No. 2 overall recruit in the 2022 class. According to ESPN Stats & Information data, it's the most incoming players to an FBS roster since the inception of the transfer portal in 2018.

"I know it's a huge overhaul," Sanders said. "But it had to be done."

No coach has ever been so brash about wanting to force out so many of the players he inherited. Even though it became easier in 2021 to transfer, once the rules had changed and players did not have to sit out for a season, the extent of Sanders' undertaking is unprecedented in college football.

Colorado's 53 incoming transfers -- including roughly two dozen since the end of spring practice -- is the most any team has ever added in an off-season."

That's a heck of a job!

Edited by houtiger
  • Like 1

You don't go from the worst team in college football to the best overnight.  But it is clear Sanders has made a dramatic makeover, bigger than Kelly faced here, and the initial look is a huge improvement over where they were.  TCU is a real team, they won their first CFP game and were trounced by Ga., but we were outclassed by Ga. in Atlanta and we were a real team.

He built a good program at Jacksonville St. over 3 years.  I think he will build a good program at Colorado.  He has confidence, swag, and it looks like he can instill enthusiasm in his players.  Show success to top recruits, many would like to play for Prime, especially DB's, learn from one of the best (but you can't teach speed).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Fishhead said:

Nootch is emotional by nature

Bo, imo, is the best athlete I've ever witnessed. Deion it's definitely in the conversation

Deion is one of the fastest ever, but is not in the discussion with Bo.

Deion excels at marketing. He made himself out to be a much bigger baseball “star” than he ever actually was.

I mean he spent the “prime” of his career as a 4th outfielder.

He was Dave Roberts but with Deion’s personality  

6 hours ago, Nutriaitch said:

Deion is one of the fastest ever, but is not in the discussion with Bo.

Deion excels at marketing. He made himself out to be a much bigger baseball “star” than he ever actually was.

I mean he spent the “prime” of his career as a 4th outfielder.

He was Dave Roberts but with Deion’s personality  

I'm talking about in the conversation as two sport athlete.  Dude was solid in baseball and absolutely elite in football.  Also, I pointed out Bo is the best I've ever seen.  

IMO Deion ran "as fast as I need to"...his quote.