Gameday Tigers

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly - FSU

dachsie

Ok - lets see what we all think about this game we had.

Good - Nuss seemed to be pumped up and happy to be there.  Daniels can run.

Bad - Still having Special teams problems with punt returns.

Ugly - Team did not seem motivated.  HPerkins was neutered at MLB.  CBs are terrible....

What do you think?

• Like 1

ok, so a more serious answer

The Good 

• Josh Williams had a nice run
  • the Tre Bradford Wheel route worked to perfection
  • Brian Thomas Jr.'s garbage time TD
  • Bramblet averaged 45 per punt

The Bad

• Jayden Daniels has not turned a corner. He's same guy he was bulk of last year, except didn't run or pass at times. Just froze like a bull-eyed rabbit.
  • Terrible tackling
  • 32 pass attempts by FSU - ZERO sacks
  • took 7 snaps from inside the 3 to score.

The Ugly

• do we seriously still not have a single muthafucka on the roster than can both catch AND return a punt? again? how the hell is that even possible?
  • Noah Cain and Tre Bradford combined for 6 yards on 8 carries.  For those of you that didn't major in math, that's less than a yard per.  Take away Cain's 4 yard run, and it's 7 carries for 2 yards. Less than a foot per carry average. You can trip on your own damn shoelaces most plays and gain a phucking foot.
  • 3 of our top 4 leading tacklers were DBs. 

1 hour ago, Nutriaitch said:

Noah Cain and Tre Bradford combined for 6 yards on 8 carries.  For those of you that didn't major in math, that's less than a yard per.  Take away Cain's 4 yard run, and it's 7 carries for 2 yards. Less than a foot per carry average. You can trip on your own damn shoelaces most plays and gain a phucking foot.

Is that on the o-line or the RBs?  I think it is on the o-line, the holes were not there.  Now, I also think FSU had a very good d-line, they stuffed our short yardage attempts.  I think it was FH said, that may be the best d-line we play all year, and that may be correct.  I don't think next week will tell us much, except hopefully are any freshmen ready to play.  But it should tell us if this team has any fire in their belly, do they show up ready to play.  Do they give a damn about the rest of the season.  I am sure some of them are competitors and they do care.  I don't think it is too early for a "players only meeting".

1 hour ago, houtiger said:

Is that on the o-line or the RBs?  I think it is on the o-line, the holes were not there.  Now, I also think FSU had a very good d-line, they stuffed our short yardage attempts.  I think it was FH said, that may be the best d-line we play all year, and that may be correct.  I don't think next week will tell us much, except hopefully are any freshmen ready to play.  But it should tell us if this team has any fire in their belly, do they show up ready to play.  Do they give a damn about the rest of the season.  I am sure some of them are competitors and they do care.  I don't think it is too early for a "players only meeting".

I haven't had a chance to do film study yet (hopefully tonight)