Gameday Tigers

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly - Arkansas

dachsie

11 hours ago, Hatchertiger said:

The ugly - fans leaving the game early with the game tied 31-31 w/ over 5 minutes left on the clock. 

We stayed till the end, traffic was hell. The longest I’ve ever taken to get away from a home game. Had to go to Country Club of Louisiana from the stadium, not really that far. 

1 hour ago, LSUDad said:

We stayed till the end, traffic was hell. The longest I’ve ever taken to get away from a home game. Had to go to Country Club of Louisiana from the stadium, not really that far. 

I never leave early.  Traffic issues after an LSU game are well known and nobody should be surprised that if will take time to get to where traffic is flowing.  Why go to the game if you aren't gonna stay and cheer to the end?  Give your ticket to somebody who will.  I understand some fans have a very legitimate reasonS for leaving early, age, kids etc.   The fans who remained and cheered impacted the game. Arky had offside penalties and burned all 3 timeouts in the second half because of crowd noise!  Come on people DON'T BAIL ON THE TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Hatchertiger said:

The fans who remained and cheered impacted the game. Arky had offside penalties and burned all 3 timeouts in the second half because of crowd noise!  Come on people DON'T BAIL ON THE TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Pittman after the game:

The atmosphere certainly has something to do with it. You’d be a fool not to think that it did. But we had some checks in, obviously, depending on what front they were in. WE just weren’t getting set fast enough. The clock was fast tonight. They were standing over it and we subbed. When we subbed and they stood over it again and we got in trouble. We quit substituting during that live-ball drive. But no, it’s our fault. The crowd played a part in it. They did exactly what we thought they were going to do.

https://sports.yahoo.com/everything-sam-pittman-said-arkansas-031340241.html?.tsrc=fp_deeplink

Edited by Hatchertiger
  • Like 2

The good:  Jayden Daniels.  Let us not confuse Jayden with Burrow.  But, we heard we worked all year of his vision downfield, overcoming his tendency to take off, trusting his receivers, putting a ball downfield and letting them for fight for it.  I see the progress.  I didn't see it against FSU, but I see it the last two games.  He is improved.  That said, is he NFL ready?  I don't think so.  He will be drafted, but would need a year or two to develop further.  His move to LSU has been a huge benefit to his career.  Joe Sloan looks like a good hire, Denbrock must be doing something good, as is Kelly.  I like to see a QB develop.  We didn't always see that in the past.

The bad:  The secondary.  Pass defense.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, houtiger said:

The good:  Jayden Daniels.  Let us not confuse Jayden with Burrow.  But, we heard we worked all year of his vision downfield, overcoming his tendency to take off, trusting his receivers, putting a ball downfield and letting them for fight for it.  I see the progress.  I didn't see it against FSU, but I see it the last two games.  He is improved.  That said, is he NFL ready?  I don't think so.  He will be drafted, but would need a year or two to develop further.  His move to LSU has been a huge benefit to his career.  Joe Sloan looks like a good hire, Denbrock must be doing something good, as is Kelly.  I like to see a QB develop.  We didn't always see that in the past.

The bad:  The secondary.  Pass defense.

Jayden Daniels entered rare territory during the Tigers' Week 4 win over Arkansas.

Daniels became only the sixth player in FBS history to pass for 10,000 yards and rush for 2,000 yards in a career.

QB1 took home SEC Offensive Player of the Week as well! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, houtiger said:

That said, is he NFL ready?

honestly?  that may be the most irrelevant question possible to ask about an LSU player.

I really and truly do not care what they do in the NFL (I hope they do well, but have zero emotional investment in it).

I only care if he is ready for the next opponent for LSU.

40 minutes ago, LSUDad said:

Jayden Daniels entered rare territory during the Tigers' Week 4 win over Arkansas.

Daniels became only the sixth player in FBS history to pass for 10,000 yards and rush for 2,000 yards in a career.

how many of the other 5 were in their 5th seasons as a starting QB?

kinda like how us LSU fans botched about the dude that came close to Pistol's career scoring mark because he played longer.
gotta be consistent when its the other way around.

3 hours ago, Nutriaitch said:

how many of the other 5 were in their 5th seasons as a starting QB?

kinda like how us LSU fans botched about the dude that came close to Pistol's career scoring mark because he played longer.
gotta be consistent when its the other way around.

With the Covid shortened season, I guess you would agree, this would be better to use games total played? 

Jayden has played in 47 games

Colin Kaepernick-51

Dan Lefevour-53

Marcus Mariota-41

RGIII-41

Trevor Boykin-48

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Nutriaitch said:

honestly?  that may be the most irrelevant question possible to ask about an LSU player.

I really and truly do not care what they do in the NFL (I hope they do well, but have zero emotional investment in it).

I only care if he is ready for the next opponent for LSU.

Didnt Kelly say they were moving Perkins around that first game to get him NFL ready?  That they were trying to help in his development for the next level?