Gameday Tigers

Game Thread: LSU @ Mizzou (10/7/23 ... 11:00am ... ESPN)

Nutriaitch

28 minutes ago, Fishhead said:

I specified TD. 

So yeah,  100% is way better TD ratio than 33%

and i said the D didn’t play very well in the 2nd qtr. 

outside of 1 snap, they didn’t. 

but if you want to insist that Dog shyte with BBQ is significantly better than Dog shyte without, then go for it I guess 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nutriaitch said:

and i said the D didn’t play very well in the 2nd qtr. 

outside of 1 snap, they didn’t. 

but if you want to insist that Dog shyte with BBQ is significantly better than Dog shyte without, then go for it I guess 

I just said they didn't score a TD on every possession in the 2nd quarter. This is a substantiated fact. 

In no quarter did the defense remotely resemble 2003 or 2007.

8 hours ago, Fishhead said:

I just said they didn't score a TD on every possession in the 2nd quarter. This is a substantiated fact. 

you also said start watching in 2nd quarter as if that was some sort of feat worth seeing again.

8 hours ago, Fishhead said:

In no quarter did the defense remotely resemble 2003 or 2007.

I'd settle for looking like 2008 or 2013 at this point

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hatchertiger said:

As you pointed out to me, that defense was better than some remember.

when you only compare it to other LSU defenses in that time frame, people weren't happy.

• 2010 - 307 ypg
  • 2011 - 261 ypg 
  • 2012 - 307 ypg
  • 2013 - 340 ypg 
  • 2014 - 316 ypg

for comparison's sake, we are currently at 445 ypg 

• Like 1

2013 was Kwon's sophomore season:

SOPHOMORE SEASON (2013)
Played in 13 games with nine starts, all coming at the strongside linebacker spot … Finished fourth on the team in total tackles with 65, which included 30 solo … Added 6.5 tackles for losses, four pass breakups and a quarterback hurry … Had two games with double-figure tackles, including career-best 14 vs. Furman … Added two tackles for loss against Furman … Had 10 tackles and a tackle for a 2-yard loss in win over Auburn … Broke up two passes to go with four tackles in victory over Kent State … In win over Florida, had seven tackles and a half-tackle for loss.

2014 is where he made his big money:

JUNIOR SEASON (2014)
Had best year at LSU, playing in 12 games with 12 starts … Earned first team All-SEC honors from ESPN.com and second team All-SEC recognition from the Associated Press … Led LSU in tackles with 90, which included 7.5 for losses and 1.5 sacks … Added five QB hurries, a pass breakup and forced two fumbles … Key component on LSU defense that led the SEC in total defense (316.8 ypg), pass defense (164.2 ypg) … The Tigers ranked No. 2 in the league in scoring defense (17.5 ppg) and No. 7 in rushing defense (152.7 ypg) … Capped career with 11 tackles in bowl setback to Notre Dame … Had double-figure tackles in four games, including season-best 13 vs. Mississippi State … Others were 10 in win over Florida and 10 in overtime loss to Alabama … Opened season with team-best eight tackles and two stops for loss in win over 14th-ranked … LSU’s defense held the Badgers to 32 total yards on 19 plays over the final 27:24 of the contest as the Tigers erased a 17-point deficit … Against Mississippi State, stripped MSU QB Dak Prescott on the opening play of the 2nd half which led to Danielle Hunter’s 25-yard fumble recovery for a touchdown …  Forced a fumble against Florida that led to LSU’s first touchdown in the 30-27 win over the Gators in Gainesville … Picked up eight tackles and a career-high 2.5 stops for loss versus No. 3 Ole Miss … Had first career sack in overtime loss against No. 4 Alabama … Added seven tackles and a half sack at Texas A&M. 

• Like 1

On 10/10/2023 at 7:38 AM, Nutriaitch said:

you also said start watching in 2nd quarter as if that was some sort of feat worth seeing again.

The INT was fun

We scored late

It was far better than the first quarter. That was too painful to watch. If you start in the 2nd, it's bad but gets better and finishes with a happy ending. Who likes a movie with no drama??

I think Perkins is increasing his value to the NFL by learning to pass protect.  At 220 lbs. and his speed and athleticism, he should go first round and make a mint.  Be versatile.  You hear in the NFL that the tight end takes advantage of the LB because they are not fast enough to cover.  Perkins won't have that problem.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, houtiger said:

I think Perkins is increasing his value to the NFL by learning to pass protect.  At 220 lbs. and his speed and athleticism, he should go first round and make a mint.  Be versatile.  You hear in the NFL that the tight end takes advantage of the LB because they are not fast enough to cover.  Perkins won't have that problem.

Perkins ain't 220 but yeah