Gameday Tigers

Kids' Baseball 2019

Nutriaitch

short kid is fully registered and ready to roll.
due to changing jobs, i'm COACHING again!

he and some kids i've coached in the past are looking forward to getting this thing started.
won't see my roster for couple weeks, but i'm confident we'll be pretty solid based on the few i know already will be there.

will be his first time since 2015 he actually plays for our hometown. and first time since '14/'15 that he plays with any of his teammates from the previous year. Which has him pretty stoked.

also, hit up a huge sale at academy to get some new gear.

got his cleat, pants, and a new bat for like $70 total due to ridiculous clearance sale.
50% off the lowest marked price on damn near everything.
And last year's models were slashed already, so 50% off of that.

his bat was originally $198.99.
I paid $53.25 for it.
I wasn't paying high dollars this year for a bat. Damn midget is bound to start growing eventually and I don't want him to outgrow it before the season is even over.

but that thing is WEEEEEIIIIIRD.
it literally has an axe handle.

funniest feeling thing i ever swung, but he loves it.

• 2 months later...

so, due to lack of kids, my team didn’t happen. 

Short Kid got dispersed to his 4th different team in as many years. Knows whole team from school, but has never played with any of them before. 

team is 2-3 on the year so far. Short kid’s ability to hit the ball dead at a middle infielder is still absolutely unmatched. 

but the injury bug is biting once again. balky ankle swelling a little. pains shoot up back his leg sometimes depending on how he steps.  dude been fighting this for close to a month before even saying anything to me or his mom. 

not the same ankle that hobbled him most of last year. but the “good” bad ankle from last year. 

On 4/29/2019 at 6:22 PM, Nutriaitch said:

but the injury bug is biting once again. balky ankle swelling a little. pains shoot up back his leg sometimes depending on how he steps.  dude been fighting this for close to a month before even saying anything to me or his mom. 

not the same ankle that hobbled him most of last year. but the “good” bad ankle from last year. 

update: swelling was noticeably worse after practice last night. entire ankle and foot now. 

going to Dr. after school today to get checked. 

37 minutes ago, dachsie said:

Ouch!

yep. 

and lil shyt roughed it out for about a month before even saying anything. then didn’t want to go to Dr. for it. 

well now he in a boot until his follow up next wednesday 

I got custom orthotics that were about 3/4 length (sport orthotics) instead of full sole length, when I jogged a lot and had Plantar Faciitis .  We have a Dick's Sporting Goods here that has a lot of orthotics that are not custom (to where the support hits your arch), but they are to your shoe size.  Not sure about kid sizes.

Archived