Gameday Tigers

2024 LSU Baseball end of season review

once again, LSU somehow someway delivers on the drama.

and I've said this in past seasons before, but here we are again.

this team was once again confusing as hell.

we didn't have thee pitching to make a serious run, but our pitching was a huge part of us making a run.
we never had the clutch hitting you need to go deep, but goddammit we came up big when we needed to.

early on when we were struggling in SEC play I said multiple times that we were close.
we were legit only a handful of pitches or so from being a national seed and playing at home.
with game on line, we hit balls hard dead at people.  or we made a crucial error.
then we couldn't buy a call from umps on interference calls (Travinski HR at The Box, Runner interference to end Gumps game, Catcher interference vs USCE).

then come Regionals.
all of a sudden we made the play we needed. Milam walked us off.
then another questionable interference call goes against us.
Tommy hits everything at 110+ exit velocity right at their gold glove 3B.
and a crucial error doomed us.

I'll start another topic sometime this week to look at the roster going forward (with regards to draft eligible players and guys that have exhausted their college eligibility)

• Like 1

We were a couple of bats away and a third starter just looking at the big picture. And despite the flaws legitimately could have make it back to Omaha. Don’t believe OM or State even made it to a regional the year after they won a natty.  Gonna be an interesting off season.

• Like 1