Gameday Tigers

2 Pt Conversion w/Fish and Nootch---TIGER STADIUM IN FULL EFFECT! GTHOM!

Fishhead

Scott Long this morning echoed your thoughts about Tiger Stadium and hopefully what this win means for the season going forward:

Good morning, Tiger Fans,

Allow me to start on a somewhat dramatic note. It’s Friday, and I’m still riding high from last Saturday’s epic win, so why not have a little fun with this intro…

Something shifted last Saturday. Heading into the game, there was a quiet, uneasy undercurrent—an almost unspoken sense that things might go sideways. Sure, we all said the right things: that LSU would rise to the occasion, that Tiger Stadium, at night, celebrating 100 years of magic, would be the difference. But — as much as I hate to admit it — there was a lingering doubt. Doubt in our Tigers’ defense against Ole Miss’ high-powered offense and in the very mystique of Death Valley itself. What if the magic wasn’t there? What if the team faltered under the pressure? What if the whole night that was hyped up so much was a dud?

But the Tigers, and Tiger Stadium, delivered! It wasn’t a perfect performance, but it was enough to reaffirm this team as a contender and remind us of the power of Tiger Stadium to be the ultimate X-factor. In a way, it breathed new life into this season. The energy, the roar, the feeling—it was everything we’ve always believed in and more. Now, no matter where this season takes us, we know one thing for sure: Tiger Stadium is still the beating heart of college football, and there’s no place quite like it!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hatchertiger said:

Scott Long this morning echoed your thoughts about Tiger Stadium and hopefully what this win means for the season going forward:

What if the magic wasn’t there?

The Magic was going to be there.
It's always there in games like this.

Sometimes the magic alone isn't enough. But rest assured, the ghosts of Death Valley WILL show up.

I've seen it too many times now to ever doubt it.
We've still lost some of those games, so you can't rely on the magic alone.
But you can rest assured that Death Valley will do her part.

• Like 1