Gameday Tigers

A Few Things From Louisiana

LSUDad

When I travel to La., before returning, I bring back a few good things. 

Stopping off at Bergerons’s in Port Allen, I got a chance to talk with Moonie Bergeron, he started this place. There I usually get Green Onion Smoked Sausage, Andouille and Tasso. He also has frozen items, Stuffed Chicken Breast’s ( Stuffed with Cornbread Dressing, Boudin, Dirty Rice, etc.), he also has Boneless Chickens Stuffed with much of the same items. You can also find a number of Beef and Pork items. Many are vacuum sealed, ready for the ice chest, prepared for the trip. Moonie also has Chicken Cracklings, if you ever stop in, get a bag to munch on while traveling. 

In Baton Rouge, a longtime favorite, Tony’s Seafood. The Pissalato have been doing Seafood for years. Years ago using a shut down gas station, Tony Pisolatto opened a fruit stand, sell sacks of crawfish on the side. When the Seafood started outselling the fruits and vegetables, he went with the big sellers. There are days when they sell 50,000 lbs of live and boiled crawfish. My granddaughter loves the Crawfish Boudin. 

Another stop, Billy’s Boudin. I get Crawfish Pies, Fried Boudin Balls and Regular Pork Boudin. 

Once back in Tx, it’s more of giveaways for friends, keeping a little for ourselves. 

Archived