Gameday Tigers

SEC Media Days

LSUDad

Good representation at media days for the Tigers. I'm certain I've never heard Loyd Cushenberry speak, but he's an impressive young man. 

Joe is clearly the leader we've been lacking at QB since, quite frankly,  Matt Flynn 12 years ago. His teammates certainly respect him and his toughness. 

Grant Delpit seems to be very down to earth for a young man who's about to be filthy rich. He was asked about greedy and his response led me to believe he felt greedy made a mistake not playing in the bowl game.  Good!

New LSU assisitant Joe Brady generates buzz at media days

BySAM HELLMAN 2 hours ago 

Between the return of Grant Delpit, the recovery of K'Lavon Chaisson and arrival of Derek Stingley Jr., the LSU defense has everyone’s attention heading into the 2019 season. But Monday at the start of SEC Media Days, LSU’s offense has new hype thanks to a staff addition.

Head coach Ed Orgeron brought on young gun Joe Brady as a passing game coordinator. The addition from the New Orleans Saints is expected to help LSU’s offense reach new levels with a veteran quarterback.

Ed Orgeron talking about Joe Brady, we’ve always had the conversation,” said analysis Marcus Spears on ESPN SportsCenter. “LSU’s offense is going to be different. They’re going to open it up. They’re going to spread it out. This may be the first year we truly believe that. We saw it a little bit during the spring. I’m excited to see where the LSU offense can go, how different it will look under (Steve) Ensminger and Joe Brady. I think Ed Orgeron and his offense have some things up their sleeve.”

Look for the LSU offense, led by quarterback Joe Burrow, to spread things out and speed things up.

“On offense, we went to the spread,” Oregon said at media day. “We hired Joe Brady. He came from the Saints, very talented coach. He spent some time at Penn State where he learned the RPOs, the run pass options, and he has been a game changer for our staff. He and Steve Ensminger work together wonderful. Steve Ensminger has done a great job for us as offensive coordinator.

“I expect those two to run a very prolific offense led by Joe Burrow. This is Joe's type of offense. Joe is a dual-threat quarterback. We could not run Joe as much as we wanted to last year. We ran him at Texas A&M, ran him towards the end of the near. Myles Brennan was hurt. Now Myles Brennan is healthy. We're going to do a lot more running with Joe this year. I know he will fit in well with this offense.”

LSU landed Burrow last year as a graduate transfer from Ohio State. He quickly won the starting job in training camp, and compiled 2,894 yards, 16 touchdowns and five interceptions.

“The main thing is we have everybody back,” Burrow told reporters. “We only lost two guys that played a lot for us on offense, so the experience coming back is the main thing. There are some new concepts that we have that I am really excited about.”

Archived