Gameday Tigers

TM7 To Fund Scholarship At LSU

LSUDad

gettyimages-134098686.jpg?w=1000&h=600&c

Chiefs S Tyrann Mathieu to fund scholarship at LSU

79SHARES

By: Charles Goldman | 4 hours ago

Kansas City Chiefs safety Tyrann Mathieu has done another great thing for LSU. In addition to his contributions to the new football operations facility, Mathieu has established a new scholarship fund at LSU, which will help student-athletes pursue their dreams of earning a degree.

Mathieu took to Twitter to announce the news and shared an image of a plaque in the Mathieu Players Lounge. The plaque serves as a reminder of the player and person that Mathieu is. It reminds us the accolades he achieved at LSU, that he was a Heisman Trophy Finalist, and recipient of the Bednarik Award. But it also highlights the ways that he’s chosen to give back to LSU.

“In 2016, Tyrann Mathieu was honored in Tiger Stadium for his incredible commitment to Tiger Athletic Foundation to benefit LSU Football Operations Center and establish the Mathieu Players Lounge,” The plaque reads. “Mathieu also endowed a scholarship that will play a vital role in endsuring that current and future student-athletes have the opportunity to earn an LSU degree.”

Not only did we donate money for a new facility, I also started a scholarship fund as well. I can see a lot of people are in their feelings about what I choose to do with my money. Please read the entire print.

View image on Twitter

Mathieu also provided a quote for the plaque.

“I am grateful to be in a position to help student-athletes by providing financial assistance to improve facilities and offer scholarships to LSU hopefuls,” said Mathieu. “It is my hope that my donation will help to assist student athletes in realizing their full potential on the field and in the classroom. It’s important for me and I hope my gift inspires others to give back to Louisiana and create positive change in the community.”

Once upon a time, Mathieu was dismissed from the LSU program. He could have sought to disassociate from the school and dismiss his time there while he pursued a career in the NFL. Instead, he learned from his past and continued to grow as a man and a player. His contributions to LSU will help student-athletes for many years to come. Perhaps it will even allow for more student-athletes to rise from the ranks of LSU and pursue greatness, just as he did.

Archived