Gameday Tigers

Depth Chart Prediction (Offense)

Fishhead

As talking season continues, I figured I'd take a shot at a depth chart, with hopes others with some insight would participate and add/correct anything they think may work out differently. 

We'll do the offense first, and with that, let's get the QBs outta the way. 

QBs

Joe Burrow-period
Myles Brennan
Peter Parrish

Joe is the undeniable leader of the entire team, and certainly the offense.  Myles will play more than last year, and Parrish will likely RS with the 4 game rule, hopefully getting a little bit of in game experience when we're up about 50 against InbredGumps. 

RBs

Clyde Edwards-Helaire
John Emery
Lanard Fournette
Tyrion Davis-Price
Chris Curry

This is is both easy and difficult to predict.  If you absolutely ask me how it will shake out 1-5 this season, the above is what I have.  However, it may not start that way, may not even matter, as we'll likely have RB by committee behind Clyde, unless John Emery just blows up at some point throughout the season....which is absolutely not out of the question.   Both Clyde and John Emery can do it on the ground and in the passing game.  Lanard has not disappointed me any time he's been in the games.  I don't think we know enough about TDP to really have an educated guess, and Curry has to show me something in a real game to change my mind.  
It's not that he's "bad", per se.  Darrell Williams didn't show me anything until he was a SR, and then he was very much a contributor. 

OL

LT 
Saahdiq Charles
Badara Traore

LG
Adrian Magee
Chasen Hines
Kardell Thomas

C
Lloyd Cushenberry
Chasen Hines
Charles Turner?

RG
Damien Lewis
Donavaughn Campbell

RT
Austin Deculus
Dare Rosenthal
Anthony Bradford

So with the OL, I'm not even sure it's sorted out who's STARTING, much less who's the backups.  But point being, if you look at the two deep, there's experience at all spots.  The OL is one of those positions where, like sometimes you lose a bunch to graduation and you say you're gonna improve because the new guys are better than who you lost lol.  That said, I do think the OL will be improved, in large part to the experience guys were able to get last year with all the injuries.   Hopefully the tackles are improved, or one of the backups steps up and takes a strong hold of the position. 

TE
Stephen Sullivan
Thad Moss
Tory Carter
Jamal Pettigrew
TK McClendon

WR

Justin Jefferson
Jamar Chase
Terrace Marshall
Derrick Dillon
Racey McMath (always makes me think he's a mathlete)
Trey Palmer
Dee Anderson??????  Gotta get out of his perennial doghouse first!!
Devonta Lee (possible RS candidate, but not for a lack of talent)

Best collection of WR talent since at LEAST 2013.  Obviously 2013 was Landry and OBJ, but I don't think the depth of talent was as good as this year.  Truth is, ALL may be back next year, so we're loaded for bear here. 

Feel free to mention any I left out or you disagree with and I'll be happy to consider revising. 🙂

I know that's not nearly all the offensive players, but I think  it's who we're likely to actually see this year, possible exception of D Lee at WR.  He's a bit of an enigma.  He's a WR but thick enough to be a TE...or.......Safety??  He has the ability to cross train for sure. 

Archived