Gameday Tigers

Second year under Ensminger

houtiger

Does that mean anything to the offense?  Ensminger is plenty old enough, but as folks said, he had not been an OC in a long time.  As interim, he was not running "his" offense.

Now he's got a year's experience under his belt as "the man".  In one way, I could say no, its no advantage because they have supposedly changed the offense so much.  What he learned last season may not carry over.  I could see a small advantage, just in terms of his judgment and speed of making calls, as he may have gotten his mind a little more in the groove of the job.

Thoughts?

19 minutes ago, houtiger said:

Does that mean anything to the offense?  Ensminger is plenty old enough, but as folks said, he had not been an OC in a long time.  As interim, he was not running "his" offense.

Now he's got a year's experience under his belt as "the man".  In one way, I could say no, its no advantage because they have supposedly changed the offense so much.  What he learned last season may not carry over.  I could see a small advantage, just in terms of his judgment and speed of making calls, as he may have gotten his mind a little more in the groove of the job.

Thoughts?

if we made as wholesale change as what is being reported, then it probably means very little.

he still has to "learn" how this offense will perform in game situations.
as in what will be our strengths, weaknesses, our go-to formations/plays, etc.  you can only gather so much during practice against your own squad. how will the flow of game calling go between him and Brady, etc.

these are things that really and truly won't work themselves out until we go live against someone else.

now, the continuity of staff working together obviously is a positive.

I was with a friend yesterday, Steve’s name came up. He’s known him for a long time, watched him coach, coached and recruited against him. I’ve said this before, Steve wanted to do a bunch, but was limited with personnel. The limit of TE’s and healthy WR’s, took away too much of what he wanted.

For him to take a RB. As to LSU standards, average player get 1,000 yards, 10 wins, was a very good job. Not many, if any, of the so called experts saw 10 wins, #6 finish. A QB came in learning a new offense, meshing with players, winning over players. 

We should only get better this year, Steve will get to do what he wants. 

Archived