Gameday Tigers

GDT Podcast Nootch and Fish/The Demons are Coming!!

Fishhead

• Fishhead pinned and featured this topic

Great job, as usual!  Regarding Emery not getting touches in the TX game, it did not surprise me.  In the NBA they allow 13 players to be active on a given day.  Usually over 10 will play, to give starters a rest or to get experience.  In the playoffs however, they shorten the bench as low as 7 that play, maybe 8, barring injury.  I think that is what we saw, top flight competition, shorten the bench and go with your best.  I noticed Clyde miss a block and Joe got sacked, but when I rewatched, I saw a lot of blitz pickups by Clyde, he did better on pass protection than I thought.  Good chance that is why we did not see Emery.

Regarding NW State, one thing ya'll did not mention that I thought of, is lets get a quarter for Peter Parrish.  I did agree that Burrow should come out at the end of Q1.  I would like to see Brennan get 2 quarters, and Parrish 1.  Parrish can still redshirt, he may not get another opportunity.

43 minutes ago, houtiger said:

Regarding NW State, one thing ya'll did not mention that I thought of, is lets get a quarter for Peter Parrish.  I did agree that Burrow should come out at the end of Q1.  I would like to see Brennan get 2 quarters, and Parrish 1.  Parrish can still redshirt, he may not get another opportunity.

actually, that was mentioned. the first time we did the podcast. but due to technical difficulties, it did not record, so we had to try again.

on the re-do he wasn’t mentioned by name. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, houtiger said:

Great job, as usual!  Regarding Emery not getting touches in the TX game, it did not surprise me.  In the NBA they allow 13 players to be active on a given day.  Usually over 10 will play, to give starters a rest or to get experience.  In the playoffs however, they shorten the bench as low as 7 that play, maybe 8, barring injury.  I think that is what we saw, top flight competition, shorten the bench and go with your best.  I noticed Clyde miss a block and Joe got sacked, but when I rewatched, I saw a lot of blitz pickups by Clyde, he did better on pass protection than I thought.  Good chance that is why we did not see Emery.

as mentioned in the podcast, i’ll be disappointed if the starters get too much time. 

with Clyde, by now you know what you have in him. 

give him a series. give Lanard a series. 

then give rest of game to Curry, Emery and Davis-Price. 

• Like 1