Gameday Tigers

Fish and Nootch Bye Week Podcast

Fishhead

We talk LSU, news and notes.  We talk seafood in different parts of the country.  We talk...BUCKEYES???  Yeah, take a listen. 

We talked blackened rainbow trout, guitars, Desoto State Park, and unclaimed baggage, but we went so long, those topics hit the cutting room floor.  Sorry...but here's our Bye Week Podcast.

Next bye week, I'm gonna have to talk up "Nigel's Good Food" in N Charleston, SC.  Soul food joint I hit tonight 

Wifey had Shrimp and Crab Ravioli....holy poop that was amazing. (yeah, I sampled hers)
I had fried shrimp, fried scallops, and a crab cake with fried cabbage and cornbread. 
Cornbread was used to sop up the remaining sauce from wifey's ravioli.  It was like friggin' desert, y'all. 

Back to our regularly scheduled program. (listen to the last 5 minutes of the podcast and you'll understand the food talk)

Completely different taste/texture/everything

Oysters are everywhere. California oysters are humongous and delicious, blue point oysters are the tastiest, but gulf oysters are great. 

But scallops are nothing like oysters. They're much firmer, very mild taste, white meat.  Taste great fried or grilled. 

To completely derail the original topic, one seafood I don't go crazy over like some is lobster. I don't dislike it and will eat but I don't get what all the fuss is over. I much prefer shrimp to lobster. I had a bad experience with raw oysters and I can't eat them raw any longer. I'll eat them cooked like its going out of style though.

Had a retirement party to attend Saturday night, The Little Village hosted it. For those that don’t know the story behind the Little Village, this will help:

“Wayne Stabiler is a well-known Baton Rouge restauranteur who started in the food business in the early 1980's while still attending high school. He would drive to the coast to buy seafood straight from the fishermen and sell it to local markets. His love for seafood led him to open a seafood wholesaling business by the time he was 21 years old. Within a few years, Wayne's love of seafood and talent for cooking led him into the catering business and eventually restaurant ownership.

As owner of both Little Village Restaurants, Stab's Steak & Seafood, Palermo Ristorante, and Stab's Prime Steak and Seafood, Wayne has a unique understanding of the business and what it takes to be successful. “

They bring out an Italian Bread, Mark Maggio use to make this same type, a twisted bread loaded with Butter, Cheese and Garlic. Started the meal with a Lobster Bisque and Sensation Salad. A Steak grilled to perfection, next to a mound of Garlic Mashed Taters. Finished off the meal with Tiramisu. That dang Bread, you just want to bring a loaf home. To add a couple drinks, one stuffed puppy heading out that place. 

I like to talk Food and Sports, guess that’s my downfall? 

Sorry to go back to football, but podcast raises an interesting point, Joe Burrow engaging with opposing players and fans.  The first time I saw him do something this year, it was kind of cute (the wave at TX).  But I hope he doesn't get the idea this is like a signature dance after a score.  It can only make the opposing players play harder, like locker room material, and we don't need that.

Archived