Gameday Tigers

Fish's Top 5 after week 5

Fishhead

1) tOSU- Ohio State is as complete a team as I have seen so far this season.  So far their defense looks legit, and Justin Fields may well have been the best QB at UGA last season.  Passing game, running game, and defense all look elite. 

2) AU- Yeah, Nootch's favorite team.  Say what you will, but they've beaten Oregon neutral site, TAMU on the road, demolished MSU tonight...they've played the toughest schedule so far with the possible exception of the Aggies.  Difference is, they're 5-0, while TAMU is 3-2.  HUGE game next weekend against UF.  

3) LSU- Y'all know the deal.  Offense is awesome, defense is suspect, likely due to injuries we hope this bye week helps a lot.  4-0 with a win AT Texas.  That counts for something, and it's why LSU is just above...........

4) Gumps- Alabama is VERY much like LSU right now.  Great offense, primarily passing game.  Tua and Burrow are setting the pace nationally right now, but their defense is about as suspect as ours.  We have the edge in special teams, and our injured guys will actually be back.  Their LBer corp is out for the year and they don't have a CB as good as either Fulton OR Stingley. 

5) OU- They haven't really played anyone, but Jalen Hurts is putting up his own video game numbers, including rushing the ball. Clearly his passing is improved.  Lincoln Riley must be a really terrific QB coach.  Hurts may be the 3rd straight OU QB to win the Heisman.  The thing is though, they are showing an actual defense this season.  We'll have better idea following the Red River Shootout against Tejas.  

Comments? Questions?  Snide remarks?  Lemme see your Top 5.  

1 hour ago, dachsie said:

I would take out Auburn and put in Clemson.  They had a rough game yesterday, but I think they will still be in the playoff

Difference is, I'm not thinking who'll be in the playoff 9 weeks from now. I'm doing this based on if it started today, who deserves it most. 

Auburn actually has a case for #1 strictly based on 2019 resume, and LSU could be #2. In no way is Clemson top 5 by that measure.

Archived