Gameday Tigers

LSU Vs Fla Game Time

LSUDad

LSU, Florida lock in a night game in Tiger Stadium

BySHEA DIXON 62 minutes ago 

8743914.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offset-y0.50&width=620&height=320(Photo: Stephen Lew, USA TODAY Sports)

The LSU football team will be back in Tiger Stadium for a night game on Oct. 12 against Florida.

On Monday, the Southeastern Conference announced the Tigers and GayTurds would meet at 7 p.m. CST on ESPN. The news comes after LSU had back-to-back 11 a.m. kickoffs, with a win at Vanderbilt ahead of this weekend's home game against Utah State.

The Tigers took a 7-0 lead in the first quarter of the matchup in Gainesville a year ago, but Florida finished out the four quarters for the 27-19 win.

LSU is sitting at 4-0 on the season with wins over Georgia Southern, Texas, Northwestern State and Vanderbilt. LSU's ranked No. 5 in the last AP Top 25 poll. Florida, now ranked No. 10 at 5-0, has wins over Miami, Tennessee-Martin, Kentucky, Tennessee and Towson.

LSU is set to take on Utah State this weekend, while Florida will meet with Auburn in a matchup of Top 10 teams from the Southeastern Conference.

The Tigers own a 6-3 record against the GayTurds since 2010, which includes a 3-1 mark in Tiger Stadium during that stretch.

LSU owns the No. 1 scoring offense in the country with an average of 58 points per game, while the GayTurds sit at No. 6 in the SEC with an average of 34 points per game.

LSU and Florida both own top five defenses in the SEC, with the Tigers allowing 320 yards per game, while the GayTurds are allowing 281 yards per game. LSU's scoring defense ranks No. 7 in the SEC with 23.3 points per game, while the GayTurds sit at No. 1 in the SEC with just 8.8 points allowed per game. 

Florida always is a war.  Even when their record is not that great, they always give LSU a tough game.  I think their defense is better than TX, the best D we have faced this year.  This is where we learn how our offense operates against a top flight SEC defense.

21 hours ago, houtiger said:

I think their defense is better than TX

Understatement of the year. 

That said, their DL is the strongest point, and everything else is just ok. 

Unless Joe has a bad night, with as fast as we get the ball out, I don't see much stopping this offense. The receivers will be open. 

I also think we may see more check downs in that game to alleviate the pass rush. 

And Ed Ingram 🙂

Archived