Gameday Tigers

LSU @ Miss St.

Nutriaitch

27 minutes ago, Nutriaitch said:

that’s because Carter shoved him into next week to get himself open. 

I know what he did.  I guess I wasn't sure why it was a penalty when the guy wasn't near where the ball was.  If Tory had not caught it and someone else did, would it have been a penalty or a legal block?

17 minutes ago, dachsie said:

I know what he did.  I guess I wasn't sure why it was a penalty when the guy wasn't near where the ball was.  If Tory had not caught it and someone else did, would it have been a penalty or a legal block?

typically (but not always), the flag isn’t thrown if the ball doesn’t come your way.  

refs tend to allow a lot more contact away from the ball than they do where the ball is playable. 

so that shove probably gets ignored until a pass gets thrown to him 

2 hours ago, dachsie said:

I mean the guy was covering 44, 44 pushed him to the ground, then ran himself open. You kinda can't do that

10 hours ago, Nutriaitch said:

typically (but not always), the flag isn’t thrown if the ball doesn’t come your way.  

refs tend to allow a lot more contact away from the ball than they do where the ball is playable. 

so that shove probably gets ignored until a pass gets thrown to him 

That makes sense.  Thanks!

Joe Burrow Had A Great Post-Game Quote About Getting Pantsed During LSU’s Win Today

LSU quarterback Joe Burrow in Week 1 win.BATON ROUGE, LOUISIANA - AUGUST 31: Quarterback Joe Burrow #9 of the LSU Tigers warms up prior to the game against the Georgia Southern Eagles at Tiger Stadium on August 31, 2019 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. (Photo by Marianna Massey/Getty Images)

Incredible Joe Burrow performances have become run of the mill for the LSU Tigers this fall. The team went on the road and beat Mississippi State today 36-13.

Burrow had yet another impressive game. He completed 25-of-32 throws for 327 yards and four touchdowns.

During the day, Burrow set the LSU single-season record for touchdown passes with 29. That came just seven games into the season, which says a lot about the Tigers’ history of quarterback play, but even more about the incredible run Burrow is on this fall.

Perhaps the most noticeable play of the day for him, though, was on a Mississippi State sack of all things.

Chauncey Rivers got a hand on the seat of Burrow’s pants, and twisted him down and pulling those pants down in the process, exposing Burrow’s entire butt for all the world to see.

CBS made the decision to show a replay of the sack with an angle showing even more of Burrow. Naturally, a wave of jokes and memeswere launched almost instantly.

Joe Burrow’s a pretty laid back guy, so it is no surprise that he took things pretty well after the game, making a fantastic “full moon in Starkville” joke when asked about the play.

Burrow says his grandparents were in attendance. On his pantsing: “I heard there was supposed to be a full moon tonight in Starkville.” https://twitter.com/alexs_espn/status/1185680986706567168 

That was quite the moment for his grandparents to witness live. Of course, 36 points in a road win and four touchdown throws makes it pretty easy to see the comedy in something like that.

If that wasn’t a Heisman moment for him, he’ll have ample opportunities for them over the next few weeks. LSU hosts Auburn next week, and after a bye, travels to face Alabama in Tuscaloosa on Nov. 9.

Archived