Gameday Tigers

Rankings

dachsie

So its two weeks before the CFB playoff committee releases their rankings.  Today we are #3 in the Coaches Poll and waiting for the AP which we were #2 last week - not really expecting a change there. (ETA:  Poll came out while I was posting - still #2)  So where do you think the committee will place us?

I do not want them to put us as #1.  Here's why.  I don't want any extra motivation for InbredGumps against us on. Nov 9.  Tua had surgery for his high ankle sprain - will he be back?  Probably if we know the midget.  I also want the guys to stay hungry.  Beat InbredGumps and then give us #1.

I am hoping we get #2.  I am not so sure anyone else deserve #1 but us tho.

So what say you?

2 hours ago, dachsie said:

So its two weeks before the CFB playoff committee releases their rankings.  Today we are #3 in the Coaches Poll and waiting for the AP which we were #2 last week - not really expecting a change there. (ETA:  Poll came out while I was posting - still #2)  So where do you think the committee will place us?

I do not want them to put us as #1.  Here's why.  I don't want any extra motivation for InbredGumps against us on. Nov 9.  Tua had surgery for his high ankle sprain - will he be back?  Probably if we know the midget.  I also want the guys to stay hungry.  Beat InbredGumps and then give us #1.

I am hoping we get #2.  I am not so sure anyone else deserve #1 but us tho.

So what say you?

We would be #1 right now and will be if we beat AU. It's not even close. 

It doesn't matter where we are now, anywhere in the top 5 would do (but we deserve better).  We play a top 10 Auburn, then the game that counts for the CFP, InbredGumps.  Those 2 games will tell the tale.  If we win out, we're #1.  If we beat Auburn and finish 11-1 and miss the SECCG, maybe we could still go to the playoff like Georgia did a few years ago, but we don't control our destiny.  Only way to control our destiny is to win out.  This year, its possible.

3 hours ago, dachsie said:

Oh, and let's also discuss what the Coaches poll is saying.  We got 3 #1 votes and tOSU got 8??  Clemson got 10.  I thought coaches were supposed to recognize this stuff.

easy to explain 

coaches don’t even watch the games (other than their own), and usually just let their SID vote. 

but in all reality, tOSU is a more complete team than we are at this point. 

they’re #3 scoring offense and #2 scoring defense in the country. 

Clemson is the undefeated defending national champ. there is a group that will continue to keep them at 1 until they lose a game.

3 hours ago, cadillacattack said:

My preseason MNC matchup is Ohio State -vs- LSU .... with LSU winning it all ..... sure wish I had bet that in Vegas last March .....

I predicted us at 11-1 regular season, losing to one of Florida, Auburn, or InbredGumps.  Our offense has wildly exceeded my expectations.  Based on where Burrow was last year, I expected a bit better performance with a year of starting experience under his belt, but he progressed a LOT more than I expected.  Joe Brady has undoubtedly had a lot to do with it, a wholesale change of the offensive scheme.  I liked Justin Jefferson and JaMarr Chase, and both improved more than I thought they would, as did Terrace Marshall.  Some said Terrace was recovering his freshman year here, from an injury he suffered as a Sr. in high school.  Whatever, he is a dramatically different player this year.

The defense has been baffling, we all thought we could stop people, had a lot of returning starters (7), and a lot of hype on Derrick Stingley coming in at cornerback, but teams have moved the ball on us.  Looks like we have improved some, but I did not expect the defense to take so much time to develop with those starters returning.

Like Hatch said above, now its 2 one-game seasons....

Archived