Gameday Tigers

GDT Podcast/AU Hate Week-Nootch's Annual Rant!

Fishhead

It's the most wonderful tiiiiiiiiime....of the year!

Nootch goes off proclaiming his hatred for Auburn, NSFW hide the wife and kids stuff inside this Gameday Tigers Podcast. 

Special shout out to CADDY!!!  (And "that fat bearded femaledog from Opelika, AL)

Enjoy, and GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!

• Like 1

• Fishhead pinned and featured this topic

Good podcast! 

Nootch: are you mellowing? Your rant was tame compared to written ones from the last few years!

Fish: i know exactly where Rising Fawn GA is; if you get the opportunity visit Cloudland Canyon State Park, its gorgeous.

its bad to be in state of AL period. In years past ive been at a stoplight & had obscenities screamed at me from nearby cars, tailgaited so bad it scratched the bumper of my truck (which is why i now never remove the receiver hitch -bye bye radiator of vehicle behind me), window flags torn off my truck (by FU fans in Tuscaloosa), lsu license plate & plate frames getting bashed with a hammer or something... just the name a few if my experiences 

• Like 1

Nice job guys .... very well done .. and well produced too. I'm honored to be mentioned, sincerely. 

I agree with your analysis too .... I suspect today's game will be a battle of (1) ToP, and (2) turnovers.  I give Auburn a 35% chance of winning , and that chance moves to 45-50% if they can consistently move the chains ... periodically keeping the Defense rested and effective.  It is a defense that is designed to bend-not-break, and to create turnovers through pressure and stripping. The truth is that an Auburn offense  that is predicated on running the football ... doesn't have the horses or depth along the OL.  That's why they haven't been able to capitalize on mistakes created by the defense, and it's why they are suspect in the red zone. It would not surprise me to see some two-TE sets being pulled out of Malzahn's book today.

Overall, Burrow gets the ball out so quickly that it neutralizes some of that defensive pressure, and it is for that reason alone that LSU is heavily favored, IMO.

just a couple of helpful recommendations though:

- liked the music ... you might be interested to know that "Welcome to the Jungle" is the opener music at Jordan Hare.

- opelika is mostly bammers .... seriously it's heinous .... on the other hand , the village of Auburn is off the interstate, but significantly more hospitable .....The women there are always beautiful ... and friendly.  When I was younger, I used to walk down College Avenue in amazement and say, "dang, she's hawt" . .... to the point where I'd get a sore neck.  Now I walk down that same avenue and say, "dang, I bet she's got a purty  momma"   lol

- and one minor correction, .... I do not "concede" this game as you put it ....  that would be foolish to assume in a series like this one. I merely believe the chances favor LSU. But if - and its a significant if - if it's close in the second half, as this series is prone to be, I like Auburn's kicker to give them a chance.

Edited by cadillacattack
  • Like 3

That is a fair take on the game, and it is why you've earned our respect on this forum.  Fair and balanced assessments, year in and year out!

In a battle between top 10 teams, with this much riding on the outcome, season goals are on the line.  A win in this game doesn't win the west, but a loss in this game seriously damages the chances of winning the west, since we both still have InbredGumps down the line.  It's a "must win" game for both teams, and both teams usually deliver their best effort.

LSU has gotten healthy the last couple of weeks, with Rashard Lawrence returning and Glen Logan, Mike Divinity, and Kristian Fulton had been gimpy.  If WR Terrace Marshall is back at full speed, that will help the offense.  And our freshman RB, Davis-Price looks like he may have figured the game out.

I put Auburn's chance to win slightly lower than you, I'd put it at 25%, but they definitely have a chance.  That's why they play the games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cadillacattack said:

Nice job guys .... very well done .. and well produced too. I'm honored to be mentioned, sincerely. 

I agree with your analysis too .... I suspect today's game will be a battle of (1) ToP, and (2) turnovers.  I give Auburn a 35% chance of winning , and that chance moves to 45-50% if they can consistently move the chains ... periodically keeping the Defense rested and effective.  It is a defense that is designed to bend-not-break, and to create turnovers through pressure and stripping. The truth is that an Auburn offense  that is predicated on running the football ... doesn't have the horses or depth along the OL.  That's why they haven't been able to capitalize on mistakes created by the defense, and it's why they are suspect in the red zone. It would not surprise me to see some two-TE sets being pulled out of Malzahn's book today.

Overall, Burrow gets the ball out so quickly that it neutralizes some of that defensive pressure, and it is for that reason alone that LSU is heavily favored, IMO.

just a couple of helpful recommendations though:

- liked the music ... you might be interested to know that "Welcome to the Jungle" is the opener music at Jordan Hare.

- opelika is mostly bammers .... seriously it's heinous .... on the other hand , the village of Auburn is off the interstate, but significantly more hospitable .....The women there are always beautiful ... and friendly.  When I was younger, I used to walk down College Avenue in amazement and say, "dang, she's hawt" . .... to the point where I'd get a sore neck.  Now I walk down that same avenue and say, "dang, I bet she's got a purty  momma"   lol

- and one minor correction, .... I do not "concede" this game as you put it ....  that would be foolish to assume in a series like this one. I merely believe the chances favor LSU. But if - and its a significant if - if it's close in the second half, as this series is prone to be, I like Auburn's kicker to give them a 

I mean....

"On the Auburn forum, I predicted it LSU 31 - Auburn 19."

"so it's LSU to easily cover."

Just sayin...

I'm glad Boobie is back. That'll ensure y'all run the ball more and don't try to develop an across the middle passing game.  That's our defensive strength (rush defense) and weakness (pass defense up the middle)

No. 2 LSU Earns 10th-Straight Home Win Over Auburn

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Story Links

BATON ROUGE -- No. 2 LSU had more than 500 yards of total offense and overcame a pair of turnovers to defeat No. 9 Auburn, 23-20, on Saturday afternoon in Tiger Stadium.

LSU (8-0, 4-0 SEC) was again led by quarterback Joe Burrow, who posted career highs in passes (32) and attempts (42) for 321 yards with a touchdown passing and another rushing that put the homestanding Tigers ahead by 10 points early in the fourth quarter. Burrow's sixth 300-yard passing game tied Rohan Davey for LSU's single-season record.

Running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire had a game-high 136 rushing yards on 26 carries including a 6-yard touchdown in the third quarter that put LSU up 16-13.

Wide receiver Ja'Marr Chase had a game-high 123 receiving yards for LSU, while Edwards-Helaire, Justin Jefferson, and tight end Thaddeus Moss each caught seven passes from Burrow.

Worsham: Tigers Relish Gritty, Gutsy, Old School Win

LSU earned its third AP Top-10 victory in the 2019 season and head coach Ed Orgeron's eighth in his 42nd game as the Tigers' head coach.

LSU defeated Auburn at home for the 10th-straight time dating to 2001, and started a season 8-0 for the fifth time in school history (1908, 1958, 1973 and 2011). 

The Tigers have an open date before traveling to face No. 1 Alabama in Tuscaloosa on Nov. 9. The game will be televised by CBS with a 2:39 p.m. CT kickoff.

Defensively, LSU held Auburn to 287 yards, forced 10 punts and had three sacks, as quarterback Bo Nix managed only 15-of-35 passing for 157 yards with a touchdown and an interception. Seth Williams was his favorite target, leading Auburn with four catches for 65 yards with a touchdown.

Safety JaCoby Stevens led LSU with 10 tackles, while linebackers Jacob Phillips and Patrick Queen added seven each. Phillips along with linebackers Michael Divinity Jr. and Damone Clark each had sacks.

Running back DJ Williams led Auburn (6-2, 3-2 SEC) with 130 rushing yards including runs of 41 and 70 yards. Auburn was only able to convert the big runs into three points, as LSU forced a field goal inside its 10 and LSU freshman cornerback Derek Stingley Jr. came up with his fourth interception of the season.

Both teams struggled with penalties, as Auburn had 15 for 98 yards and LSU had 12 for 118. LSU was 9-of-19 on third down and ran 88 plays, while Auburn was 5-of-18 and run 69 plays.