Gameday Tigers

2020 Commitment Bradley Ezewiro

LSUDad

Bradley Ezewiro announces commitment to LSU

ByBILLY EMBODY 11 hours ago 

2020 Oak Hill Academy big man Bradley Ezewiro held offers from Arizona State, Tennessee, USC and others, but the 6-8, 230-pound athletic front court presence will be taking his talents to LSU. Over a week ago, Ezewiro committed to the Tigers, which have featured impressive big men under head coach Will Wade.

"It's my dream school because when I was a really big fan of Naz and Emmitt," Ezewiro told Geaux247. "They were at that school and now I'm there now. Naz was at the football game and was with us the whole time. We were just talking about the league and how he got there. He didn't get drafted, but he still signed 4 years, $6 million so it's not about No. 1 pick or shoe deals."

With Emmitt Williams expected to go pro after his sophomore season, Ezewiro said with the development LSU has in place, he can see a similar path. His future coaches have already been giving him coaching tip.

"Him (Williams) and Naz both going to the league in like two years and then I met Tas, the big man coach so he really did them right so I feel like that's the best decision for me and my family," he said. "They showed me some drills I can do. Coach Wade texted me right now. He can coach me even when he's not my coach. They show me how to become a dominant big because they've made dominant bigs. They got Kavell, too."

On his official visit for the first home football game, Ezewiro hung out with the players and enjoyed being in South Louisiana, feeling the love from the current Tigers.

"I just loved it, Baton Rouge. I went out with the players," Ezewiro said. "It's a really nice city. After L.A., I'd really like to continue to live there. It was cool being with some of the guys. All the players were welcoming. They were really trying to hang out with me. It wasn't all Hollywood. They was all cool. I just like the whole school overall.”

Wade, along with assistant Bill Armstrongwere critical in the process for Ezewiro, getting on him early before high-major programs around the country got after him.

"He was real big. He was recruiting me since like May. He was my first SEC offer," Ezewiro explained. "He was really cool from the beginning. They kept calling me. When my mom couldn't go to the official visit, he flew to L.A. and went to go see my mom on an in-home visit without me even there. I really appreciate him for doing that.

"Coach Armstrong has been real cool, too. He's the one that offered me. He called me after he saw me at Pitt and wanted to offer me after that. He's been calling my mom. Him and my dad are like best friends. They talk all the time even if it's not about basketball."

Up next for Ezewiro is playing on a stacked Oak Hill team for his senior year, but once he arrives in Baton Rouge, he's focused on winning another SEC crown for the program.

"That was real cool (that LSU won the SEC) cause we won the SEC Tournament last year and I think we can win it again this year because we're the best in the SEC, but it's kind of cool to be a part of that. I'll get to be a part of that next year and it'll be real fun."

13COMMENTS

Ezewiro joins four-star point guard Jalen Cook in the 2020 recruiting class.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The LSU basketball team will likely get the early, one-week signing period that begins Wednesday off to a good start.

Will Wade and his staff are expected to get at least two players to sign after Jalen Cook of Walker High School and Bradley Ezewiro of Torrance, California, made commitments this summer.

Cook, a 6-foot point guard, announced his intentions on June 18, and Ezewiro, a 6-8 center who plays at Oak Hill Academy, followed suit on Oct. 26.

Both players are three-star recruits, according to the 247Sports composite listing.

Cook is the state’s second-ranked prospect, 139th overall and the 21st point guard nationwide. Cook will sign at 10 a.m. Wednesday in the school's gym.