Gameday Tigers

LSU vs. Alabama - Gameweek Comments 2019

houtiger

Hey, this is #1 vs. #2, so even if it's a bye week, we can start on this one early.

I'll even step out on a limb and pick our Tigers on the road, 31 - 28.  Tua can be rattled, Burrow is a bit more steady.  We can match them at the wide receiver position, top 3 vs. top 3.  I like our secondary a little better, so maybe we have a better shot to control their 3 WR stars, than they have to control our 3 WR stars.

I hope that LSU has been battle hardened in their 3 victories over top 10 opponents this year, that can sharpen you up a bit.  We're pretty healthy, that's good.

Edited by houtiger
  • Like 1

Playing Auburn the game before InbredGumps could work to LSU's advantage this year.  Auburn had a very tough physical d-line, and the o-line had to be very sharp to deal with that.  They should not be surprised by the quality of the InbredGumps d-line, they have just dealt with an excellent d-line, and they were up to the task.  It should give our guys some confidence.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, dachsie said:

I see them in the top 4, but I didn't see them as 1

they’re easily top 2.  and really nobody can argue that if they watch football even half way objectively. 

i would have guessed they would be #2, but not overly shocked they’re #1. 

our win at Texas looks almost meaningless now since they’re unranked. 

Auburn and Florida each already have 2 losses.  and the rest of our schedule is nothing to talk about.

OSU schedule is actually tougher than ours so far  

and they’re beating top 15 teams by 4 TDs  

seriously, they skull firetrucked Wisconsin worse than we did to Miss State it Vandy.

• Like 1

I'm getting more anxious as the game gets closer.  I feel we can win and we should, but am worried about the play calling as historically, CSE goes conservative with InbredGumps.  And I think part of me is afraid to believe too much cause we've been burned so much in the last 8 years.