Gameday Tigers

Would Les Miles still be the HC if ...

Hatchertiger

2 minutes ago, Hatchertiger said:

What if Alabama had not gotten a redo in 2011 or we had beaten them in the 2011 BCSNCG?  Would Les still have been fired 4 games into the 2016 game? 

does every game post 2011 BCS championship stay the same?

or do we same some may have hypothetically changed?

9 minutes ago, Nutriaitch said:

does every game post 2011 BCS championship stay the same?

or do we same some may have hypothetically changed?

Either way. Its all endless speculation. I say if every game post 2011 remains the same, he d/n get fired in 2016 b/c he would still have enough capital from the championship not to get fired.

Most coaches, not all, have a shelf life.  After so many years, it’s a time to part ways. Many coaches will let go with some of their staff. Les was a good coach, a step away did both the school and him. Both are better for it. Les failure to make a change hurt him and the program. The trip to Green Bay showed the folks, he didn’t see a need for a change. 

At times a fan base will lose a trust in a coach. Right now, a team in the Big 12, is starting to feel this. Will a change come? 

O knew a change was needed, brought in that change with Brady, we’ll see after this season, if another change is coming. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hatchertiger said:

Either way. 

the reason I ask is because I personally think some of the games post 2011 would be different had we played and beat InbredGumps.

that would have been 3 straight games vs them.  so the pressure to win in 2012 would have been on them instead of on us like it was.
that may not have had a huge swing in the outcome, but then again it may have.
Win that game, and we're likely in the BCS game that year vs ND and likely win it.

so yeah he'd have a ton more capital than he ultimately ended up with.

also Fish could speak better than me, but recruiting swung heavily in their favor that night, which doesn't happen if we win.

24 minutes ago, Nutriaitch said:

are you expecting any changes?

or just throwing that out there since there is always a possibility?

Always a chance, coaches move on. But with the support staff we have, O most times has a guy ready, from within. 
I was talking with someone this weekend, with the openings coming up in larger schools, fixing to be some movement within the SEC schools. An OC might have a HC job in his future. A little too early to tell. Will keep you up to date. 

Its impossible to play "what if", but I'm guessing if Les had 2 NCs under his belt, he might have recruited better at the QB position.

However, that ONLY would have mattered if he changed his offensive style.  Through the numerous OCs we had during his tenure, there was almost zero variance in offensive style with the exception of Mett's senior year.

Control freaks gunna control.

I was an ardent Les defender, but it was time.  Had Miles "seen the light" and built an offense even halfway between his and what we have today, no telling how damn strong his teams would have been.

16 minutes ago, Herb said:

Its impossible to play "what if", but I'm guessing if Les had 2 NCs under his belt, he might have recruited better at the QB position.

he recruited just fine at the QB position. 

we just couldn’t COACH, DEVELOP, or properly GAMEPLAN with them. 

some schools take a unrecruited nobody like Baker Mayfield and turn them into a Heisman winner.  

We took 4 stars and turned them into nobodies. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eq4bits said:

And some 4 star qb’s never played at qb position at all......

he was actually a 5 star.

and other than LSU fans, literally nobody else in the entire country wanted him to play QB.
as in a HUUUUUUUGE reason for him signing here was because we would allow him try out at QB when noone else would. They all wanted him at "Athlete" instead.

One spring here and HE knew he wasn't a QB and HE requested a change in position.

that change got him into the NFL. 
they don't think he's a QB either.  just like every human being on the planet outside of LSU fans.

• Like 3