Gameday Tigers

LSU vs A&M

Nutriaitch

What a game, stadium was rocking pretty good. None of the Aggie fans that were at my tailgate or who I ran into on campus were  confident they would win.  I guess they've watched all the LSU / Joe Burrow highlights this year.  The defense simply destroyed any hope  A&M had of being in the game and it did so against THE best  :sarcasm: QB in the SEC Kellen Mond:

"In my opinion I'm the best one," Mond said of the SEC's returning quarterbacks. "That's not just because I'm a confident person. I actually believe that."

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/2019/07/23/texas-am-s-kellen-mond-i-m-the-best-qb-in-the-sec/

You really believed that kid? #fakesportsnews  Good for you. Well I believe in Santa Claus but it doesn't make him real. 10-30 w/ 3 INTs and 92 yards passing and NO tds. Mond was terrible and the LSU defense had a lot to say about that.  Defense recorded 6 sacks and you could tell they made this game personal not only b/c of last year but b/c they got called out all week in the sports media.  Shifting gears to offense, my son and I were taking on our way back to Laffy about how we never imagined we would see an LSU offense like the one we have now.  Its like you don't want the game to end b/c you want to see more!!!!! #9 is a very special player. He has a quality within him that you can't coach and you can't teach. Burrow is money, all day, every day!  And he was certainly that last night ushering in a record breaking season.  If he doesn't win the Heisman, they need to quit awarding the trophy.  

Go Tigers!

And Caddy, a special thanks to the Auburn Tigers for putting Alabama in its place.  InbredGumps, enjoy your bowl game!

Edited by Hatchertiger
  • Like 5

I saw Marcus Allen on the sidelines talking to John Robinson.  This AM I saw a statement that Marcus gave a talk to the team about poise.  Cool !

Last night the announcers were talking about John Robinson being on LSU staff, he met Orgeron when O was at USC and they attended a speaking engagement together each week, may have ridden in car together, said they hit it off.  They asked Robinson what people mostly get wrong about O, and he said people think he's not smart, but he's smarter than you think.

If I was a young player, I would have been impressed to be addressed by Marcus Allen, a pretty smart player IMO.

• Like 2

Looking over Jimbo’s roster, they only have 5 or so Sr’s, that’s it. They have a few Jr’s that could leave, they could have some enter the portal. He has a young team. I know, still a year away. Too early. Will try to keep y’all up to date when staff changes are made. 

Edited by LSUDad

A couple of things from the game.  1) how nice is it to have Ed Ingram back, and how much flexibility did that give to the o-line play?  I think it was a huge get to get him back.  and 2) Miles Brennan passes seem to have a little more zip on them than Burrow.  His ball seems to have a tight spiral, which has no wasted motion.  It just goes.  I enjoyed watching Miles play the end of the game.  Now he may not process as much or as fast as Burrow, we'd have to be stupid lucky to have two straight such heady QB's, but strictly in terms of arm talent, I like what little I've seen of Miles.  There is hope for next season.

Oh, and I liked what I saw of Flott and Hampton.  Talented freshmen.  Patrick Queen and Damon Clark are fast LB, made some nice plays.  Marcel Brooks is comin'.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, houtiger said:

A couple of things from the game.  1) how nice is it to have Ed Ingram back, and how much flexibility did that give to the o-line play?  I think it was a huge get to get him back.  and 2) Miles Brennan passes seem to have a little more zip on them than Burrow.  His ball seems to have a tight spiral, which has no wasted motion.  It just goes.  I enjoyed watching Miles play the end of the game.  Now he may not process as much or as fast as Burrow, we'd have to be stupid lucky to have two straight such heady QB's, but strictly in terms of arm talent, I like what little I've seen of Miles.  There is hope for next season.

Oh, and I liked what I saw of Flott and Hampton.  Talented freshmen.  Patrick Queen and Damon Clark are fast LB, made some nice plays.  Marcel Brooks is comin'.

Myles has a cannon. He doesn't have Joe's pocket presence at all though. Hopefully he gains that with experience. 

Joe's a special case though. Coach's son, highly intelligent, more than makes up for any lack of arm. His arm is good enough, especially with the intangibles he brings to the table. 

7 hours ago, Fishhead said:

Myles has a cannon. He doesn't have Joe's pocket presence at all though. Hopefully he gains that with experience. 

Joe's a special case though. Coach's son, highly intelligent, more than makes up for any lack of arm. His arm is good enough, especially with the intangibles he brings to the table. 

True.

But what I have not seen is Myles stare down receivers like I see Trevor Lawrence do often. I'm hoping that Burrow is acting as a tutor to Brennan as well.

Brennan appears to have matured greatly - both physically and mentally - over the last year. Hopefully that continues.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, houtiger said:

A couple of things from the game.  1) how nice is it to have Ed Ingram back, and how much flexibility did that give to the o-line play?  I think it was a huge get to get him back. 

O-Line depth is always great to have.  One of those "can never have too much" kind of things.

2) Miles Brennan passes seem to have a little more zip on them than Burrow.  His ball seems to have a tight spiral, which has no wasted motion.  It just goes.  I enjoyed watching Miles play the end of the game.  Now he may not process as much or as fast as Burrow, we'd have to be stupid lucky to have two straight such heady QB's, but strictly in terms of arm talent, I like what little I've seen of Miles.  There is hope for next season.

Brennan absolutely has the bigger arm, no question.
We'll find out next year how much of the complete package he has. 

Fans will likely need to have some patience with him as he will probably experience some growing pains as he learns to be a starting QB.

Oh I really like the youth we have in the secondary.

• Like 2

I record every LSU football game that is televised, and re-record the cliff's notes version off the SEC network during the week.  I kept 5 games so far this year.  Texas, cause I liked beating Tom Herman, Florida cause its always a tough game, Auburn because it has such importance to winning the west, Alabama because, and Texas A&M because that was as sweet a revenge as I recall in a long time.  During the off season, I'll delete Texas and Florida.  But I'm keeping 3 games till next year.  I'll rule later on the SECCG.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Went back to watch this one again also. Saw a clown on the aTm sideline, Dameyune Craig. Great to see what a year has made. I can say, don’t think I’ll ever see a aTm put 50 on the Tigers with us only getting 7 Pts. We could and should have put 60 on them. 

• Like 2

When LSU lives in your head, rent free, till next year...

Texas A&M Has Changed Its Locker Room Code To 50-7 After Blowout Loss To LSU, Which Seems A Little Over The Top

Mark Harris
6 hours ago

texas a&m lsu football

Getty Image / Sean Gardner

You would think that Texas A&M would want to immediately throw its performance against LSU in the trash and forget about the 50-7 scoreline, but that isn’t the approach Jimbo Fisher and the Aggies are taking.

The Tigers simply showed out against Texas A&M in the regular-season finale. LSU held the Aggies to just 169 total yards of offense and forced three turnovers while Joe Burrow and the Tigers hung 50 on them. It was a bad, bad day in Aggieland, but A&M wants to remember that awful feeling.

One way to do that is to not forget about that final score so apparently, they have changed the code to their locker rooms and other buildings to 50-7.

“We’re definitely going to keep that LSU taste in our mouth so we can come back hungry,” junior wide receiver Jhamon Ausbon said according to The Eagle.

“It’s all around our locker rooms: The score’s the code to get in our locker rooms and our building,” Ausbon said. “It’s hard not to think about it, and so that’s the goal: We want everybody to remember that and keep that taste in our mouth.”

That’s certainly one way to do it. It seems a little over the top to pull this sort of motivational strategy out in college at an SEC West program, but then again, LSU has won eight of the last nine against the Aggies.

If changing the code to the locker room to remind the players and staff the ass-kicking they all took from the Tigers last season serves as a little extra motivation throughout the year, there’s certainly no harm in it.

Then again, it sounds like something you’d hear a high school program pull off.

It’s also worth pointing out that everyone on campus now knows the code to athletic facilities and locker rooms on campus, so that’s a thing.