Gameday Tigers

Let's Open The Presents! 2020 Early Signing Day(s)

Fishhead

Cutting Louisiana kids to make room for these bigger fish is a REALLY bad look when you don't even have these bigger fish in the boat.  THAT'S the issue I have. 

I get you can't get everyone and a lot of the ones that play games don't pan out wherever they wind up.  I've been following this enough to realize that. 

But not cutting in-state kids and THEN getting spurned.  Damn man, there's at least 3 I know of that wanted to be Tigers who were told to look elsewhere because the staff was looking for these 5* kids.  

19 minutes ago, Fishhead said:

Cutting Louisiana kids to make room for these bigger fish is a REALLY bad look when you don't even have these bigger fish in the boat.  THAT'S the issue I have. 

I get you can't get everyone and a lot of the ones that play games don't pan out wherever they wind up.  I've been following this enough to realize that. 

But not cutting in-state kids and THEN getting spurned.  Damn man, there's at least 3 I know of that wanted to be Tigers who were told to look elsewhere because the staff was looking for these 5* kids.  

I think they ought to tell these kids if you want in, sign early or you may lose out

24 minutes ago, Herb said:

Look at it like this...the windshield wipers cleared the view for the coaches to see who to zero in on for the coming days.  We also have February. We also have a transfer portal.

I ain't skeered.

Major Burns, UGA

Jalen Lee, UF

These are kids we told to look elsewhere, in state 4* guys.  Now they're at the competition, not because they out-recruited us.  Because we told em to leave.  

Sorry that bugs me. 

The GOOD news, Alabama got nobody we wanted today, did NOT come into LA and steal a 5* we wanted, and got zero on the WR/TE front.  They wanted Gilbert and Jarrett bad. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Eq4bits said:

Id prefer having a ‘no drama-queen’ team

One team One heartbeat

Agree, again, not upset (too much) about losing Rak and Burton.  

Hate that we told LOUISIANA 4* players to look elsewhere because we allegedly needed to make room, and then we actually came out today with fewer commits than we had previously lol.  Major Burns and Jalen Lee, others, are now at the competition when they wanted to be Tigers, were committed to the Tigers in fact. 

It's a bad look IMO no matter how anyone spins it.  

With that said, I'm in the middle of the recruiting podcast and you'll see I think it's a great class so far and will only get better. 

A couple things, two verbals have yet to sign, we are at 19 now. Where it goes from here? This does a couple things, first, watch who enters the NFL Draft, locate need positions, look into transfers. We have one JC guy signed in this class. We have players that played 4 or less games, allowing them to take a Red Shirt. As for a need positions, RB is one that needs and will be filled. Lets see how we finish.