Gameday Tigers

Let's Open The Presents! 2020 Early Signing Day(s)

Fishhead

Gawd my eyes are old. Guess i need to set my setting on phone to old lady text size.....

because... i am, in fact, an oxford comma fan. (I also, when using a real keyboard, space 2 times after a period before starting a new sentence. Too many years using a manual typewriter I suppose; i still find myself trying to slap the non-existant return lever as well.)

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Eq4bits said:

Gawd my eyes are old. Guess i need to set my setting on phone to old lady text size.....

because... i am, in fact, an oxford comma fan. (I also, when using a real keyboard, space 2 times after a period before starting a new sentence. Too many years using a manual typewriter I suppose; i still find myself trying to slap the non-existant return lever as well.)

I space twice after a period, and I can still center a page with a manual, pica or elite!!!  But I don't reach for the carriage return...

• Like 1

The truck I am currently driving came equipped with a knob on the face of the dashboard to turn whenever I need to shift gears as opposed to the old "arm" or "stick" coming out of the steering column. For months  I reached for the phantom "stick" when I needed to shift.

Old:

th?id=OIP.hjChAVvNwYEyHBk3suI5dAHaE6%26p

New:

th?id=OIP.ckMkadQadBtvGBjPUDc0RwHaE6%26p

Edited by Hatchertiger

• 2 weeks later...

For years we wanted the tight end to be included in the passing game.  In the NFL, on 3rd and 6 - 8 yards, the tight end is what they look for.  Go downfield a little, find an open spot, turn around and catch the ball, first down.  Then guys like Jimmy Graham with the Saints back in the day, they became more athletic downfield receiving threats because they could outrun the linebacker assigned to cover them, and they could run a route and get separation.  Thad Moss showed what the tight end position could be at LSU, and it appears Arik Gilbert is much more athletic than Moss.  That's a very impressive video just above that Herb posted.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, houtiger said:

For years we wanted the tight end to be included in the passing game.  In the NFL, on 3rd and 6 - 8 yards, the tight end is what they look for.  Go downfield a little, find an open spot, turn around and catch the ball, first down.  Then guys like Jimmy Graham with the Saints back in the day, they became more athletic downfield receiving threats because they could outrun the linebacker assigned to cover them, and they could run a route and get separation.  Thad Moss showed what the tight end position could be at LSU, and it appears Arik Gilbert is much more athletic than Moss.  That's a very impressive video just above that Herb posted.

I was in the Marietta area for the two LSU games in ATL. He is well known there. 

Another TE story. Philip Lutzenkirchen, the former Auburn player. Lutz and Mo Isom went to the same high school. Lutz had given Tommy Tuberville a verbal, Tubby leaves Auburn. I was at my sisters birthday party, met the wife of the high school principal. She told me as soon as Tubby left Barn, nick showed up at the school, trying for a flip. Lutz kept his word. 

As for Mo, she was a great high school player at Lassiter High, as was Lutz. I once asked Mo, how she ended up at LSU. She told me her top 5 schools, ND, Stanford, another west coast school. Then Fla and LSU. I asked her about Ga Tech? Since her older sister was there, then she informed me, they  didn’t have a soccer team. She came in for a visit the week of the Fla football game. After that game, the stadium was still rocking, carryover from the game, lasted into the night and the next day. She was sold on the Tigers. 

Edited by LSUDad
  • Like 2