Gameday Tigers

Clydro.......bad news

Fishhead

2 hours ago, Nutriaitch said:

he’s got another year of eligibility if he needs it

Yes, I know but if plan was to go this year, I sure hope whatever this alleged injury turns out to be d/n prevent him from doing that.  Selfishly, I'd love to have him another year.    But for injury we may have lost Fulton after last year.

18 minutes ago, houtiger said:

I don't see him playing on the 28th.  Doubtful for the natty game IMO.  Hamstring is a very finicky injury to come back from.  If he's going pro, he has the combine to think about.

it’s really impossible to tell (with the info that’s public) this far out. 

a tweaked Hammy is weird. 
he may be able to play on it tomorrow with no issues ever again. 
he may be sidelined for a month or more. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eq4bits said:

According to folks that are there to cover team/game he’s not walking gimpy, but hamstrings are fickle injury wise

If you come back too quick, the risk of re-injury is high.  I think we beat OK regardless of who is running the ball.  Both Clemson and Ohio St. are better clubs than OK.  I would rest Clyde against OK, at least the first half.  If we are winning handily, he would not see the field.  If they say he is ready to go and we are down at the half against OK, I would use Clyde if I had to.  Then, hopefully, we would have a 100% Clyde for the championship game.  In both games, we need a creditable running game to keep the defense spread out, balance is always important.

• Like 2

What really sets Clyde apart, aside from his running the ball?  He can pick up a blitz, but lots of backs can do that.  He has a jump cut, but lots of backs do.  He has a killer spin move, but many backs have that.  And he is a great pass catcher out of the backfield.  Lots of backs catch passes out of the backfield, but most of them are almost like long handoffs, they are just a swing out to the sideline, or 5 or 8 yards downfield.  Clyde is almost like having another slot receiver, they will throw him the ball way downfield, like 15 or 20 yards, and I don't see him miss those long passes.  To me, that is what really sets Clyde apart, is his "receiver like" pass catching ability, I don't see a lot of backs with that kind of skill.  I wonder if Clyde caught 10,000 passes last summer, or if his hands are bigger than most running backs, but he catches very well.

17 minutes ago, houtiger said:

What really sets Clyde apart, aside from his running the ball?  He can pick up a blitz, but lots of backs can do that.  He has a jump cut, but lots of backs do.  He has a killer spin move, but many backs have that.  And he is a great pass catcher out of the backfield.  Lots of backs catch passes out of the backfield, but most of them are almost like long handoffs, they are just a swing out to the sideline, or 5 or 8 yards downfield.  Clyde is almost like having another slot receiver, they will throw him the ball way downfield, like 15 or 20 yards, and I don't see him miss those long passes.  To me, that is what really sets Clyde apart, is his "receiver like" pass catching ability, I don't see a lot of backs with that kind of skill.  I wonder if Clyde caught 10,000 passes last summer, or if his hands are bigger than most running backs, but he catches very well.

because Clyde does ALL of these things well. 

most backs can do some of this. 
very few can do them all. 

• Like 2