Gameday Tigers

NCG In NOLA, LSU Vs Clemson, January 13th

LSUDad

I went back and found my prediction for the season:

I think that is a good rundown.  Last year I picked LSU 9-3 regular season, but I got the losses wrong.  I had them losing to Ga. and beating aTm.

This year on paper I have them losing to InbredGumps (no surprise).   I usually pick them to drop one other game in an upset, to one of (Auburn, Fla., Moo U, or aTm).  It's hard for players that young to be consistently good.

But, this year I am going out on a limb and predicting the Tiger's to go 11-1.  I think we have the talent and EXPERIENCE to beat everyone, except InbredGumps.

We have been building the offensive and defensive lines, but the offensive line still is a little shy of where we would like to be.  I put some stock in Joe Burrow being a 5th year Sr. with a year of starting experience to knock the dust off after he did not play for 3 years at OSU.  I am still a bit concerned at running back.  CEH is a good back but has not shown greatness.  Chris Curry didn't even see the field last year, that is not encouraging (but he did show signs in the spring game, I hope he comes around).  Then we have two talented freshmen arriving in Aug.  But it is hard to count too much on freshmen.  Fournette showed some flashes his freshman year, but he also ran into piles of players and got tackled, where he found the hole and timed it much better in his outstanding Soph. season.  I hope for the best at RB, but will not be surprised if we look a lot like last season, good but not great.  I would love to see someone (or two) breakout and have a GREAT season, but I would not bet my paycheck on it, someone will have to show me.

I am expecting an excellent defense this year.

The o-line played better than I expected.  I expected them to be better, and they were better than I expected.  CEH, I expected him to be good in the new offense from the spring, and early in the season he did what I thought, but in the second half of the season he went on a tear.  His pass catching exceeded my expectation.  I thought Burrow would improve, and obviously he improved much more than I hoped for, thanks to Joe Brady and the new scheme.  I thought our receivers would improve over the drops of 2018, and they improve A LOT, more than I expected.  I liked Chase last year, expected him to mature, and he improved more than expected.  Jefferson was as I expected, and it was nice to see Marshall have a good year, he showed what we expected when he signed.  Moss played well at tight end.

The defense did not seem as good as I expected, that Ole goldenshower game was a disappointment on defense.  The d-line was solid, but not spectacular.  The linebackers were good, Phillips and Queen played well, and Chaisson seemed to take a few games to get back in the swing, but he got back to his old self and contributed.  Divinity played well and Clark did a good job after he went out.  Stingley and Fulton, what can I say, we are blessed at cornerback.  I think Dave Aranda did a very good job figuring out how to use Kary Vincent and Jacoby Stevens.  Vincent has speed to burn, but he's not agile like a true cover corner.  Did you see how much ground he covered to make his interception against OK, that guy is FAST.  Jacoby is strong and fast and had a great year.  Delpit was hurt part of the year but after he took some time off to heal, he's back to his old self.  We gave up more yards and points than I thought, but maybe with our lightning offense, we gave the other teams more shots at our defense than we have in previous years.  Our kicking game was good, the return game, not so much, but other teams have good kickers also.

About InbredGumps, I did not realize they had 10 players drafted off the 2018 team, then lost Dylan Moses to an injury for all of 2019, and he was expected to lead their defense.  They were young this year in many spots, while our experience showed and allowed us to win this year.  Next year will be another dog fight.

But it has been an enjoyable season, if you could not enjoy this one, something is wrong.  Let's close it out with one more win!!!

Geaux Tigers!

Edited by houtiger
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, COTiger said:

I switched over after the LSU basketball game.  Surprised at the ass whipping the Titans are putting on Baltimore.

We had both on at the Bar. We then moved over to the Royal Orleans Omni. Still tons of folks walking the streets. 
This one was spending time with our crew. 

972DC867-A24F-4E23-AD0E-57DE14278D45.thumb.jpeg.0d5d3d05a7960115f4ea754236f35114.jpeg

936E8936-F0DB-4A9A-B85D-CFACA8D477B8.thumb.jpeg.a98ac017e643bbb8afef079ddc96efef.jpeg

Edited by LSUDad
  • Like 3