Gameday Tigers

Other Bowl Games

Herb

Hard pass: Sugar Bowl turnout reveals scores of empty seats

Keith Farner | 1 hour ago

From the moment the Sugar Bowl matchup was announced, it proved to be a difficult sell for ticket brokers. Nearly three weeks ago, tickets were available on the secondary market for $8, and the price didn’t rise much above that as kickoff approached.

Fan interest never materialized for a variety of reasons. Georgia missed a slew of players because of NFL Draft decisions, injuries and academics. And Baylor didn’t bring the type of brand name that a school like Texas did last year when Georgia played in the same bowl game. The Bulldogs missed out on an SEC Championship and berth in the College Football Playoff, and coming after games against Notre Dame, Texas A&M and LSU already this season, many fans simply decided to not make the trip.

22 minutes ago, Nutriaitch said:

Georgia sucks camel ass. 

maybe one day the media will stop blowing them just because Kirby used to work for Nick

They sign good players, but have failed at coaching. I’m still in Ga wearing my P&G. After the Ok/ LSU game, I had a reserved table at a restaurant in the town. A drunk UGA fan, came to our table mouthing off. Barking like a dog, yelling Go Dogs, then telling me, she, couldn’t pull for us, that she hoped we would get killed in the NCG. We were just trying to enjoy the meal. Then she walked away. After I told her, “You probably wasn’t pulling for us when we kicked y’all’s A$$ the last two times we played y’all!” The table got a laugh out of it. But let her run her mouth. 

The UGA folks really hate the Tigers. But I do get a few GeauxTigers in the town. 

Kirby says his players are ill 🤮

"To be honest with you, the future is only bright if those guys continue to work because there's a disease that creeps in at Georgia where kids believe they're better than they are and they read their own press clippings," he told reporters.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2869401-kirby-smart-disease-of-overconfidence-at-georgia-after-sugar-bowl-win

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Hatchertiger said:

Yep Hatch, the disease has filtrated into the staff...

Kirby Smart: 'Disease' Keeps Georgia Players from Fulfilling Potential

BLAKE SCHUSTER
JANUARY 02, 2020

Not even a full day after Georgia took care of Baylor in the Sugar Bowl, head coach Kirby Smart is already trying to keep his players' egos in check for next season. 

"To be honest with you, the future is only bright if those guys continue to work because there's a disease that creeps in at Georgia where kids believe they're better than they are and they read their own press clippings," Smart said, per USA Today's Chris Bumbaca.

UGA handled Baylor with relative ease in a 26-14 victory on New Year's Day after flopping in the Sugar Bowl to Texas last season.