Gameday Tigers

Sleep Walking

Fishhead

So far this season, thru 4 games, one issue has stuck out to me more than any other. And it's scary.

Sleep Walking.  

So far LSU has opened up every game ready to play.  It's been refreshing to see, but it's also been short lived.  

It's not just against the "rent a wins"/"Cupcakes" on the schedule, although that's the most frustrating.  I mean, against Miami, I thought, well Miami is a talented well coached team, and they made adjustments.  Same with AU.  But Southeastern and La Tech??  
And it's not relegated to one unit.  The defense is just as guilty as the offense.  

So I did a little research (knowledge is power) and came away with some...good news?

Sleepwalking — also known as somnambulism — involves getting up and walking around while in a state of sleep. More common in children than adults, sleepwalking is usually outgrown by the teen years.

We're a young team.  Even those with age/experience are new to this team or new in their roles.  So as a team, young.  

Let's hope they grow out of it, and be thankful so far it hasn't affected the 1st, or more importantly, the 4th quarter.  LSU, especially the defense, has woken up in the 4th in each game.  The offense is a little younger, and therefore, has taken a bit longer to wake up.  

Hopefully they grow out of it altogether quickly.

Oh, you mean this?

Herb 
Today 9:04 PM   
R

geauxgeauxhon 
Today 9:04 PM   
R

Herb 
Today 9:05 PM   
S

geauxgeauxhon 
S

geauxgeauxhon 
Tigers!

Herb 
PUSSYCATS!!!!!

Herb 
Today 9:06 PM   
(sorry..that is what they have been playing like)

i’m not sure what to think of this team just yet.   

Bad news is that we have a tendency to drop our guard and allow our opponent to land a few punches. 

Good new is that we’ve shown that we can take a punch and get back up swinging. 

But looking out over the horizon, there’s a couple fighters on the schedule that can land knockout blows.  We cannot let those guys land uncontested punches. 

Agree with Nooch that last night was better. They played more of the second qtr, but save the last couple of minutes of the third qtr, they were awol. This team has to play the entire game if they want to hang with teams like Inbred Gumps and UGA. 

10 hours ago, La Tigresse said:

but save the last couple of minutes of the third qtr, they were awol. 

Disagree completely. We moved the ball up and down the field, but turned it over. It was nothing like the previous games. The turnovers were the difference. 

Defensively, they did exactly what they wanted. Made em run it up the middle. At that point, so what if it was successful. They weren't gonna score in bunches. Just let dbu lock down nwo and the game is over. 

NWO quit.  

DBs locked down the outside for the most part and kept the throws inside and in front of them. They also did a good job of covering after containment was lost. Ole Piss couldn't run it down our throats. Offense moved the ball on the ground and we killed them with play action. Perfect game? No. Result = W

8 hours ago, Fishhead said:

Disagree completely. We moved the ball up and down the field.

Ole Piss moved us up and down the field. 

3 and out on 1st possession. Except the roughed the goldenshower outta Von Rosenberg to keep the drive alive. 

Spotted us another 15yds later same drive. 

3 and out on next drive too. 

flipped the switch back in again for the following drive as an answer to Ole Piss td. 

again, this is much improved from previous games. but still a work in progress

23 minutes ago, Fishhead said:

That other 15 yards they spotted is was at the end of a big play that resulted in a first down without the penalty. Not like it kept the drive going. 

But yes, Ole goldenshower is a horribly coached team and very undisciplined. 

i’m aware of when it happened. 

just pointing out that on a 60 yard drive, 30 were donated to us. 

Archived